CPU
i5 6630U
Graphics
Intel Iris
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I didn't know where to post this thread so I posted it in the General Help segment.

I have finally got Hackintosh to work on my system. After configuring my system and downloading my first apps for testing I found that the App Store wanted me to update. Reading the release notes I found out that it was a system update to 10.11.5. (currently running 10.11.1)

I realise this might be a silly question which many of you can give me a clear answer or, or maybe its a very much discussed question.

Can I just run this update meaning that my Mackintosh 10.11.1 is just going to update tot 10.11.5 without any hiccups?

Thanks for helping.

Last edited:
I didn't know where to post this thread so I posted it in the General Help segment.

I have finally got Hackintosh to work on my system. After configuring my system and downloading my first apps for testing I found that the App Store wanted me to update. Reading the release notes I found out that it was a system update to 10.11.5. (currently running 10.11.1)

I realise this might be a silly question which many of you can give me a clear answer or, or maybe its a very much discussed question.

Can I just run this update meaning that my Mackintosh 10.11.1 is just going to update tot 10.11.5 without any hiccups?

Thanks for helping.

In the majority of systems, the update should Just Work™. The most likely things to get knocked out by the update are audio (if you used any method other than Clover kext patches to make it work) and TRIM on your SSD. Still, I recommend reading at least the first few posts in this thread before proceeding (especially since you have an Nvidia Maxwell GPU, which requires a little bit of special treatment). I ALWAYS recommend making a bootable backup of your system before performing an OS update. Also, the consensus is that it's better (safer) to go to Apple's website and download the Combo Updater (link in the thread I mentioned), rather than doing the update from the App Store.

Thank you for your reply. Well, to be honest the only thing not working at the moment is my sound. I have checked my motherboards manufactures site and it tell me that I need the Realtek® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC drivers.

So I selected ALC877 in the multibeast program. (there were two options I went with the ''Current'' one) and after rebooting sound seemed to be working because I got all these options in my sound settings but nothing really does anything.

As for the update. I think i'm fine where I am now and I don't want to risk losing the complete system.

Motherboard: asus h61m-k

I have fixed the audio problems and everything is working fine now.
Still though I don't want to risk installing the update because I don't want to lose my system as is.

When plugging in a external drive it prompted to make a TimeMachine backup. Is this legit working on hackintosh?

I have fixed the audio problems and everything is working fine now.
Still though I don't want to risk installing the update because I don't want to lose my system as is.

When plugging in a external drive it prompted to make a TimeMachine backup. Is this legit working on hackintosh?

That is prompt you get when you connect a USB drive. It's normal. I have always declined and prefer to use Carbon Copy. I always apply any changes or updates to my cloned copy first, and if all is well, I apply them to my working drive.

Thanks jaymack I will look in to that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back