Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Fellow tonymacx86 community members,

I am in the process of building a customac mini 2011 with following components:

-GA-H67N-USB3 F7 BIOS (F8 is released but not supported)
-Intel Core i3 2105
-4gb of DDR3 (x2 2gb sticks)
-Utilizing stock HD3000 onboard graphics
-500W PSU

Since this was originally released last year Mac OS 10.7 is now at version 10.7.3 with major updates to graphics and OS components. There have been HDMI tweak update packages and tune-up packages. Apparently there is no need for the tune-ups with 10.7.3. My proposal is to create and in-depth w/ screen shots build from scratch of Unibeast install of 10.7.3. Explaining and detailing all necessary BIOS settings and steps in when to plugin USB devices during install and the such. I would like to append in the guide an area for what video and audio setup is possible with the GA-H67N-USB3 including VGA, HDMI to DVI, dual HDMI, VGA and HDMI etc. Also for the audio a detailed procedure of multi channel audio and/or stereo if one desires. Alot of people in the community are building these customac minis for HTPC use.There are alot of great pieces of information scattered about the forums in relation to all of this but I would like to take the time to compile a concise guide.

Answers to questions that have not been easy to find in relation to already starting to compile a guide:

-Is VGA supported in 10.7.3?
-Is VGA and stereo supported in 10.7.3?
-Is HDMI to DVI adapters supported in 10.7.3?
-What SATA ports should be used for what (dvd drive, SDD, HDD)
-How to enable TRIM for SSDs, is TRIM necessary?

I understand for alot of the seasoned members this is child's play but for the 80% of us n00bs hours upon hours have been wasted on simple fixes...

bakerall said:
Fellow tonymacx86 community members,

I am in the process of building a customac mini 2011 with following components:

-GA-H67N-USB3 F7 BIOS (F8 is released but not supported)
-Intel Core i3 2105
-4gb of DDR3 (x2 2gb sticks)
-Utilizing stock HD3000 onboard graphics
-500W PSU

Since this was originally released last year Mac OS 10.7 is now at version 10.7.3 with major updates to graphics and OS components. There have been HDMI tweak update packages and tune-up packages. Apparently there is no need for the tune-ups with 10.7.3. My proposal is to create and in-depth w/ screen shots build from scratch of Unibeast install of 10.7.3. Explaining and detailing all necessary BIOS settings and steps in when to plugin USB devices during install and the such. I would like to append in the guide an area for what video and audio setup is possible with the GA-H67N-USB3 including VGA, HDMI to DVI, dual HDMI, VGA and HDMI etc. Also for the audio a detailed procedure of multi channel audio and/or stereo if one desires. Alot of people in the community are building these customac minis for HTPC use.There are alot of great pieces of information scattered about the forums in relation to all of this but I would like to take the time to compile a concise guide.

Answers to questions that have not been easy to find in relation to already starting to compile a guide:

-Is VGA supported in 10.7.3?
-Is VGA and stereo supported in 10.7.3?
-Is HDMI to DVI adapters supported in 10.7.3?
-What SATA ports should be used for what (dvd drive, SDD, HDD)
-How to enable TRIM for SSDs, is TRIM necessary?

I understand for alot of the seasoned members this is child's play but for the 80% of us n00bs hours upon hours have been wasted on simple fixes...

1. Nope
2. Nope.
3. Yes.
4. I don't know. In the CustoMac Mini topic you can find it out.
5. Trim Enalber. The latest Multibeast contains it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back