4. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
  2. iMac
  3. Quadra
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a working Mac OS X 10.9.4 installation using the Clover bootloader. At the time of installation, the current version of Clover was r2652; now the current version is r2758. I thought I'd update it, because newer is better, right? ;)

But every time I attempt to install the new version using the official installer, the installation fails. I do start with the EFI partition unmounted. A screen grab of the configuration settings I'm using is attached, and here is the installer log:

Code:
Jul 19 12:16:02 timshackpro installd[14517]: PackageKit: ----- Begin install -----
Jul 19 12:16:12 timshackpro installd[14517]: PackageKit: Install Failed: Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2k_r2758.pkg”." UserInfo=0x7f87325deec0 {NSFilePath=./postinstall, NSURL=file://localhost/Users/timbck2/Hackintosh/Clover/Clover_v2k_r2758/Clover_v2k_r2758.pkg#Post.pkg, PKInstallPackageIdentifier=org.clover.post, NSLocalizedDescription=An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Clover_v2k_r2758.pkg”.} {
        NSFilePath = "./postinstall";
        NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cClover_v2k_r2758.pkg\U201d.";
        NSURL = "file://localhost/Users/timbck2/Hackintosh/Clover/Clover_v2k_r2758/Clover_v2k_r2758.pkg#Post.pkg";
        PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "org.clover.post";
    }
Jul 19 12:16:12 timshackpro Installer[10951]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Jul 19 12:16:12 timshackpro Installer[10951]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Jul 19 12:16:12 timshackpro Installer[10951]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

I've scoured this forum and the usual Clover forums for information about this, and haven't found anything helpful. I'm sure it's probably something simple, but it escapes me. HELP!

Attachments

• CloverInstallerOptions.png
    CloverInstallerOptions.png
    188.1 KB · Views: 223
Not sure why you want to update if current system is working well, but I realize not all follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

Suggestion:
create a USB boot stick with the new version of Clover
mount the current EFI partition
copy config.plist and kext files to desktop
copy the EFI for current clover to external storage
delete the Clover EFI from the EFI partition
unmount the EFI
reboot with new version Clover boot stick
try install new version of Clover to HDD again.

Not sure why you want to update if current system is working well, but I realize not all follow the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" philosophy.

Suggestion:
create a USB boot stick with the new version of Clover
mount the current EFI partition
copy config.plist and kext files to desktop
copy the EFI for current clover to external storage
delete the Clover EFI from the EFI partition
unmount the EFI
reboot with new version Clover boot stick
try install new version of Clover to HDD again.

I usually do follow that philosophy. But when I switched to Clover I ditched that way of thinking (my Chimera system was working just fine), just so I could learn something new. And I succeeded in getting the system booting and working perfectly with Clover, and have been able to keep it going for months.

I don't understand why, when Clover comes with an installer that should work for updating the version, said installer never works.

In the end I like to keep my OS X version up to date, and I found Clover made OS X updates a pain in the ass, and yesterday I finally decided to revert to Chimera and be done with it.

I usually do follow that philosophy. But when I switched to Clover I ditched that way of thinking (my Chimera system was working just fine), just so I could learn something new. And I succeeded in getting the system booting and working perfectly with Clover, and have been able to keep it going for months.

I don't understand why, when Clover comes with an installer that should work for updating the version, said installer never works.

In the end I like to keep my OS X version up to date, and I found Clover made OS X updates a pain in the ass, and yesterday I finally decided to revert to Chimera and be done with it.

It does get annoying when too many people are updating different things in Clover and the code doesn't work like it should. I usually try new versions out with a USB booter stick first before commiting to the HDD/SSD. One of the nice things about Clover is updating to next version of OS X. When 10.9.4 came out I just had the MAS updates download and install it. Had no problems with that update or the iTunes update either. Wasn't necessary to create a new UniBeast USB installer to upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back