Contribute
Register

Updating Clover from 4920 (Boots) to 5070 (Wont Boot)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigabyteZ390 Designare
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
First of all thanks to all the people here to configure / troubleshoot and get these systems up and running!! I've built my first Freakintosh with the help of this community and software.

I have recommended hardware (Z380 Designware) and been able to boot and use the system (Even iMessage)

My problem is this (See Attached Screen shot)

When I update the system to Clover 5070, the system panics and I need to revert to a saved EFI folder.

Any tips on what updated driver or lack of driver would cause this?

Thanks! Kevin

Attachments

• Kevin’s_Hackintosh.png
    Kevin’s_Hackintosh.png
    247.9 KB · Views: 104
First of all thanks to all the people here to configure / troubleshoot and get these systems up and running!! I've built my first Freakintosh with the help of this community and software.

I have recommended hardware (Z380 Designware) and been able to boot and use the system (Even iMessage)

My problem is this (See Attached Screen shot)

When I update the system to Clover 5070, the system panics and I need to revert to a saved EFI folder.

Any tips on what updated driver or lack of driver would cause this?

Thanks! Kevin
You need to have your hardware profile filled out as per rules (the ones you agreed to when signing up here)

your image is a bit pointless, better off booting verbose and then take a picture of where it hangs

I have recommended hardware (Z390 Designware) and been able to boot and use the system

What is the reason you want to upgrade Clover ? If 4920 works, stay with that. Only upgrade Clover if you need to migrate to Catlina and it's required for that. You don't have to be on the latest greatest version of Clover in the same way you always want the latest security updates.

Sorry about that! I've updated my account details.

Attached a small boot video (
) and screen shot.

Attachments

• IMG_8443.JPG
    IMG_8443.JPG
    6.4 MB · Views: 42
What is the reason you want to upgrade Clover ? If 4920 works, stay with that. Only upgrade Clover if you need to migrate to Catlina and it's required for that. You don't have to be on the latest greatest version of Clover in the same way you always want the latest security updates.

Ok. This is what I want to hear.
Guess I was just wondering if the issue was my setup or not.

From version 5018, the directory structure in Clover changes.
The new structure is:
/drivers/BIOS (instead of /drivers64)
/drivers/UEFI (instead of /drivers64UEFI)
/drivers/off (turned off drivers for testing purposes, they will not be loaded)

From version 5018, the directory structure in Clover changes.
The new structure is:
/drivers/BIOS (instead of /drivers64)
/drivers/UEFI (instead of /drivers64UEFI)
/drivers/off (turned off drivers for testing purposes, they will not be loaded)

Yeah I see those drivers in those folders.
Do they need to be switched off with Clover Configurator?

Tx!

I was actually planning to go from Mojave to Catalina so I upgraded Clover to 5070 and was just stuck at a boot loop back to Clover after selecting my Mojave install.

I downgraded back to a v2.4 build of Clover and restored my EFI Backup to get back on the air, but would love to take a crack at Catalina.

Last edited:
I was actually planning to go from Mojave to Catalina so I upgraded Clover to 5070 and now I am just stuck at a boot loop back to Clover after selecting my Mojave install.

I has also stuck that install loop and just started the install process over again. I was able to boot back in to Mojave to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back