Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Dell Inspiron 7520 4P57C
CPU
i7-3612QM
Graphics
Intel HD 4000 Integrated
Hello,

Today I let a Catalina update go through and afterwards my Wifi doesn't work anymore.
The version of Catalina didn't change, stayed at 10.15.7, but some security update went through.
I am using Opencore.
Before the update I had Opencore 0.7.0 and Catalina 10.15.7

Before I ran let the Catalina update through I upgraded Opencore from 0.7.0 to 0.7.6 and also updated all the Kexts I have using the OCAT tool:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCDellSensors.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
USBPorts.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

After the update I have macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1519)

BUT the Wifi card: BCM94352HMB is no longer recognised!

I reverted to my original Opencore 0.7.0 EFI folder and Kexts and this updated Catalina boots and Wifi IS recognised.

So basically I can boot and use Wifi in the updated Catalina but I need my older Opencore and Kexts EFI folder.

Does anyone know why this is? I thought it was important to update everything in the EFI folder before trying a macOS update? Instead updating my EFI folder seems to have had the opposite effect.

Cheers,

Flex

Not a Desktop - Moved to Laptop Support.

Hello,

Today I let a Catalina update go through and afterwards my Wifi doesn't work anymore.
The version of Catalina didn't change, stayed at 10.15.7, but some security update went through.
I am using Opencore.
Before the update I had Opencore 0.7.0 and Catalina 10.15.7

Before I ran let the Catalina update through I upgraded Opencore from 0.7.0 to 0.7.6 and also updated all the Kexts I have using the OCAT tool:

AirportBrcmFixup.kext
AppleALC.kext
BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext
BrcmFirmwareData.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
Lilu.kext
RealtekRTL8111.kext
SMCBatteryManager.kext
SMCDellSensors.kext
SMCProcessor.kext
SMCSuperIO.kext
USBPorts.kext
VirtualSMC.kext
VoodooPS2Controller.kext
WhateverGreen.kext

After the update I have macOS Catalina 10.15.7 (19H1519)

BUT the Wifi card: BCM94352HMB is no longer recognised!

I reverted to my original Opencore 0.7.0 EFI folder and Kexts and this updated Catalina boots and Wifi IS recognised.

So basically I can boot and use Wifi in the updated Catalina but I need my older Opencore and Kexts EFI folder.

Does anyone know why this is? I thought it was important to update everything in the EFI folder before trying a macOS update? Instead updating my EFI folder seems to have had the opposite effect.

Cheers,

Flex
maybe compare your 2 EFI's to see if you can see a difference

@Feartech
Cheers. Yes I looked through them side by side in Finder and their config.plist files also side by side in ProperTree. The original and updated EFI folders have the same files and folders except of course the Opencore files and Kexts are newer in the updated version.

But the Wifi working again now... I did an NVRAM reset from the Opencore bootpicker and Catalina sees the Wifi card again!

Flex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back