Contribute
Register

Updating Big Sur Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
It may be called Serial Port, not Super I/O. I would check again and look through all the sub-menus in the bios to be sure it is not present.
I researched my board for any reference to serial, super IO bios setting and found no reference. All munes but this one mentions IO Ports which takes you to the screen shot in my last post.

@miliuco has almost the same Mobo, do you have any options for super IO or serial ports different from mine?

Attachments

• 20210530_191955.jpg
    20210530_191955.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 37
Last edited:
I think I may have read SMCSuperIO as Super IO, Doh!

Sorry for that wild goose chase, you are probably correct and the bios doesn't contain an option for the Super IO or Serial port.

I think I may have read SMCSuperIO as Super IO, Doh!

Sorry for that wild goose chase, you are probably correct and the bios doesn't contain an option for the Super IO or Serial port.
Not sure what we are missing. I can boot any drive with any of the EFI folders that both of you sent except the install drive. I can boot the install drive with my EFI folder but then we are back to the beginning of the thread.

Neither do I, but we are definitely missing something.

Have you tried running the App Store Big Sur update with one of the new EFI folders?

Have you tried recreating the Big Sur installation drive?

Not sure what we are missing. I can boot any drive with any of the EFI folders that both of you sent except the install drive. I can boot the install drive with my EFI folder but then we are back to the beginning of the thread.
I think you mentioned earlier you’d been using 0.6.6 OC with the Big Sur 11.3. You should be using 0.6.9 OC instead. Have you replaced all the necessary files in your current EFI to OC 0.6.9?

I think you mentioned earlier you’d been using 0.6.6 OC with the Big Sur 11.3. You should be using 0.6.9 OC instead. Have you replaced all the necessary files in your current EFI to OC 0.6.9?
I have been using 0.6.6 on my main OS drive while i figure out getting the update to 11.3.1 +. I can't get a fresh install to complete or an update to complete on any version of OC.

Neither do I, but we are definitely missing something.

Have you tried running the App Store Big Sur update with one of the new EFI folders?

Have you tried recreating the Big Sur installation drive?
I did create a new USB install drive on a new USB key today with the same results as the drive i started with.

Can you delete the Big Sur installation application in your Applications folder. Download a fresh installation app and recreate the USB installer with the new app. As there may be something wrong with your current installation app.

@Middleman The OC EFI folders myself and @miliuco provided for @IAmSpectre were both OC 0.6.9 creations.

I did create a new USB install drive on a new USB key today with the same results as the drive i started with.
Okay I had a look at your EFI folder compared to my Z490 Big Sur 11.3 OC 0.6.9 build. Seems you had a few settings differ from my configuration:

-SSDT-HPET was disabled
-SetupVirtualMap was enabled
- XHCIPortlimit disabled
- Used USBMaps.kext instead of USBPorts.kext (USBPorts.kext seems to work better IMO)
- All device properties were removed
- AppleCpuPmCfgLock & AppleXcpmCfgLock were enabled
- CustomSMBIOSGuid was enabled
- XHCIPortLimit was disabled
- Kernel_Arch was set to X86_64
-SecureBoot was set to Default (instead of Disabled for better chances of booting in)
-EnableVectorAcceleration was enabled

Anyways I've enclosed the revised EFI. Give it a try.

Attachments

• IAMSpectre EFI.zip
    9 MB · Views: 58
Can you delete the Big Sur installation application in your Applications folder. Download a fresh installation app and recreate the USB installer with the new app. As there may be something wrong with your current installation app.

@Middleman The OC EFI folders myself and @miliuco provided for @IAmSpectre were both OC 0.6.9 creations.
Sorry about that buddy, I’d posted in haste and only just realised you had provided him the OC 0.6.9 files earlier. Anyways I hope it works (whoever’s config it comes under)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back