Contribute
Register

Updating Big Sur Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, try booting with this revised EFI folder.

I have removed some redundant SSDT's and kexts. Added ResetSystem.efi and made a few changes to the config.plist.

See if and how this OpenCore 0.6.9 folder works.
Looks to be the same error

Attachments

• 20210530_142837.jpg
    20210530_142837.jpg
    3.5 MB · Views: 31
Can I ask, did the ClearNvram and other tools show on the OC GUI? Were you able to ClearNvram and ResetSystem from the OC boot screen?

Error 1:
From that screen image I would recommend you remove your USBMap.kext and enable the XhciPortsLimit option in your config.plist.

I always thought that a '#' tag in front of an option in a Kext > info.plist disabled the option/line, doesn't it?

Your USBMap.kext has a # tag in front of the port number for HS01, HS02, HS04, HS05, SS01, SS02, SS03, SS04 & SS05. So 9 of the 15 ports are possibly disabled?

Screenshot 2021-05-30 at 20.22.28.png USB ports in your USBMap.kext

None of the ports are set as Internal or USB2, all 15 ports are set as USB3.

So you don't have your Bluetooth module connected to a USB2 motherboard header port?
None of the case ports are connected to a USB2 motherboard header port?

This is what the Specification page for your motherboard says about the USB ports available:

Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support on the back panel
  2. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
  3. 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
  4. 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (3 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hubs:
  1. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
They are all Intel USB ports, no Renesas or Asmedia ports to mess things up.

9 Physical USB3.1 ports. Which also can provide 9 USB2 virtual ports (18 ports in total).
Plus up to 8 USB2 ports, 4 physical ports on the rear I/O plate and 4 ports available from the 2 No motherboard headers.

I would recommend you have a read and follow this USB configuration guide by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Error 2:
I would also look at what drives you have connected to the system when it is booting.

As the verbose text is naming disk0s2 and disk4s2 as being problematic.
  • Disk0s2 may be the large partition on your USB or macOS drive, i.e. the disk that contains your OpenCore EFI folder, which I would expect to be named disk0s1.
  • Disk4s2 may be an APFS volume, it is not clear what each disk/partition is from the screen image you provided.

@IAmSpectre
Something eludes us. Since both PCs are very similar, I have tested the EFI of @Edhawk :
  • I have started with this EFI
  • I have done ResetNVRAM
  • After reboot, macOS has booted successfully with no error messages.
ClearNvram + ResetSystem + ResetNVRAM show on the OC GUI.
And conversely, the EFI that I use should work for you.

Have you changed something recently in BIOS? Some configuration that is not good for macOS?

Regarding what you @Edhawk say about USBMap, I do not think it is the cause of the failure, my motherboard has different USB ports and your EFI boots perfectly and quickly. And most of the USB ports work.
Here's something else that I don't know what it is. It is not normal that this EFI boots my PC well and instead does not work well in the PC of @IAmSpectre.

Can I ask, did the ClearNvram and other tools show on the OC GUI? Were you able to ClearNvram and ResetSystem from the OC boot screen?

Error 1:
From that screen image I would recommend you remove your USBMap.kext and enable the XhciPortsLimit option in your config.plist.

I always thought that a '#' tag in front of an option in a Kext > info.plist disabled the option/line, doesn't it?

Your USBMap.kext has a # tag in front of the port number for HS01, HS02, HS04, HS05, SS01, SS02, SS03, SS04 & SS05. So 9 of the 15 ports are possibly disabled?

View attachment 520252 USB ports in your USBMap.kext

None of the ports are set as Internal or USB2, all 15 ports are set as USB3.

So you don't have your Bluetooth module connected to a USB2 motherboard header port?
None of the case ports are connected to a USB2 motherboard header port?

This is what the Specification page for your motherboard says about the USB ports available:

Chipset:
  1. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 2 support on the back panel
  2. 1 x USB Type-C™ port with USB 3.1 Gen 1 support, available through the internal USB header
  3. 2 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
  4. 5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 ports (3 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hubs:
  1. 8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
They are all Intel USB ports, no Renesas or Asmedia ports to mess things up.

9 Physical USB3.1 ports. Which also can provide 9 USB2 virtual ports (18 ports in total).
Plus up to 8 USB2 ports, 4 physical ports on the rear I/O plate and 4 ports available from the 2 No motherboard headers.

I would recommend you have a read and follow this USB configuration guide by UtterDisbelief - https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/the-new-beginners-guide-to-usb-port-configuration.286553/

Error 2:
I would also look at what drives you have connected to the system when it is booting.

As the verbose text is naming disk0s2 and disk4s2 as being problematic.
  • Disk0s2 may be the large partition on your USB or macOS drive, i.e. the disk that contains your OpenCore EFI folder, which I would expect to be named disk0s1.
  • Disk4s2 may be an APFS volume, it is not clear what each disk/partition is from the screen image you provided.
Yes. Once I unhid the options as @miliuco suggested the option was there and i selected it , hit enter and it rebooted.
I can boot to my normal OS disk no problem. It is still on 0.6.6.
The drives listed:
Disk0s2 That is my Windows 10 drive
Disk4s2 That is my storage drive

I could disconnect those drives and try installing again if you think that will help?

Yes. Once I unhid the options as @miliuco suggested the option was there and i selected it , hit enter and it rebooted.
I can boot to my normal OS disk no problem. It is still on 0.6.6.
The drives listed:
Disk0s2 That is my Windows 10 drive
Disk4s2 That is my storage drive

I could disconnect those drives and try installing again if you think that will help?
Ah! I believed that you still had the error and could not boot macOS.
Or is the error only when you boot from USB with 0.6.9? If yes, have you tried with @Edhawk EFI in the USB?

@IAmSpectre
Something eludes us. Since both PCs are very similar, I have tested the EFI of @Edhawk :
  • I have started with this EFI
  • I have done ResetNVRAM
  • After reboot, macOS has booted successfully with no error messages.
ClearNvram + ResetSystem + ResetNVRAM show on the OC GUI.
And conversely, the EFI that I use should work for you.

Have you changed something recently in BIOS? Some configuration that is not good for macOS?

Regarding what you @Edhawk say about USBMap, I do not think it is the cause of the failure, my motherboard has different USB ports and your EFI boots perfectly and quickly. And most of the USB ports work.
Here's something else that I don't know what it is. It is not normal that this EFI boots my PC well and instead does not work well in the PC of @IAmSpectre.
I just tested booting my Main OS drive from the USB install drive and it boots fine. Do you thing replacing the EFI folders corrupted the installer?
Yes i did try @Edhawk EFI in the USB Install drive. Same error.

Ok, so i went and built another install flash drive on another USB drive. I booted it with @Edhawk's EFI folder and ClearNvram and ResetSystem from the OC boot screen then booted the install and this is the errors. it is different.

Attachments

• 20210530_171231.jpg
    20210530_171231.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 39
I think you need to look at your Bios settings, as you have a Super IO device enabled in your system.

These are the settings you should be using with OpenCore.

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port/Super IO port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Your system may not have all these settings, some may be hidden within other settings, CSM and UEFI booting being the ones that spring to mind.

You will also need to make sure your Graphics options are set correctly, i.e. Intel graphics enabled/disabled in accordance with the SMBIOS you are using, and PEG or External set as default, so your RX580 is priority graphics option.

I think you need to look at your Bios settings, as you have a Super IO device enabled in your system.

These are the settings you should be using with OpenCore.

Disable
  • Fast Boot
  • Secure Boot
  • Serial/COM Port/Super IO port
  • Parallel Port
  • VT-d
  • CSM
  • Thunderbolt
  • Intel SGX
  • Intel Platform Trust
  • CFG Lock (MSR 0xE2 write protection)
Enable
  • VT-x
  • Above 4G decoding
  • Hyper-Threading
  • Execute Disable Bit
  • EHCI/XHCI Hand-off
  • OS type: Windows 8.1/10 UEFI Mode
  • DVMT Pre-Allocated(iGPU Memory): 64MB
  • SATA Mode: AHCI
Your system may not have all these settings, some may be hidden within other settings, CSM and UEFI booting being the ones that spring to mind.

You will also need to make sure your Graphics options are set correctly, i.e. Intel graphics enabled/disabled in accordance with the SMBIOS you are using, and PEG or External set as default, so your RX580 is priority graphics option.
I don't have have a Super IO option in the bios. but i did change internal video to disabled and set os type from other to windows 10/8.

Attachments

• 20210530_174811.jpg
    20210530_174811.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 34
  • 20210530_174915.jpg
    20210530_174915.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 33
It may be called Serial Port, not Super I/O. I would check again and look through all the sub-menus in the bios to be sure it is not present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back