Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nope, disabling internal graphics and changing IGPEnabler to No didn't work. What's so odd is that it doesn't seem like the computer actually sleeps. Instead, it's more like it was turned off but what's even more odd is that the fans keep going. Only way I can shut them off is to turn off the power completely at the power supply switch. Otherwise, the computer enters a state where the LED readout is off as though it were asleep but you have to reset the power to get it to come back on again and then it's a cold start boot as though the computer were turned off.

I guess the first thing I need to understand is why sleep seems to shut the computer off but power is still going to the fans. Normally, from a cold start boot, I press the power button once on the case and inside, there's power to the board but the fans aren't on and the LED display on the board is off. I press the power button a second time and that is what actually turns the computer on and boots it.

Other than this odd sleep issue, everything else works fine. Any other ideas are welcomed.

Bob

I have updated to OSX 10.9.1 now my audio is not working. Any idea on how to fix this?

Just re-apply the audio from MultiBeast. You should be good. Merry Christmas.

Other than this odd sleep issue, everything else works fine. Any other ideas are welcomed.

Bob

At this point I would suggest unplugging devices. Such as optical drives, external and internal drives. If you have a USB keyboard use that and not blue tooth. Just to try and diagnose which of those may be causing it to stay awake. It can be trial and error. Merry Christmas.

I did, but it did not work. I run Multibeast and just reinstall the audio Realtek 892, and reboot still not working for me.

Are you selecting with or without DSDT, Make sure you select the correct one. Key operation is repair permissions.

Are you selecting with or without DSDT, Make sure you select the correct one. Key operation is repair permissions.
Without DSTS Realtek 892 and I have done the repair permission. I am not sure what happened, it did not work. I have no sound.
Merry Christmas

Without DSTS Realtek 892 and I have done the repair permission. I am not sure what happened, it did not work. I have no sound.
Merry Christmas

Take a look in System Preferences/sound Outputs. What are you seeing there?

Wildwillow, I found the problem with sleep. This might help others with the Z87X-OC and OC Force mb's. There's a button on the motherboard called OC Ignition. It looks like a lightning bolt. If it's lit, OC Ignition is on. Press the button to turn it off. Then boot the computer. Sleep works fine now that I turned OC Ignition off.

I found in a thread in the Gigabyte forum that talks about this button. When OC Ignition is on, sleep keeps the fans alive but turns off the CPU. Once I read that, I was certain that was my problem.

Now everything works with the OC Force MB and the Gigabyte 770 GPU. Great board. Turbo boost is working at 3.9 ghz. I haven't tried overclocking but that should be simple with this board.

Thanks for your help and suggestions,

Bob

Wildwillow, I found the problem with sleep. This might help others with the Z87X-OC and OC Force mb's. There's a button on the motherboard called OC Ignition. It looks like a lightning bolt. If it's lit, OC lightning is on. Press the button to turn it off. Then boot the computer. Sleep works fine now that I turned OC lightning off.

I found in a thread in the Gigabyte forum that talks about this button. When OC lightning is on, sleep keeps the fans alive but turns off the CPU. Once I read that, I was certain that was my problem.

Now everything works with the OC Force MB and the Gigabyte 770 GPU. Great board. Turbo boost is working at 3.9 ghz. I haven't tried overclocking but that should be simple with this board.

Thanks for your help and suggestions,

Bob

Glad you got it figured out. I'm sure that this will help out others. Enjoy the festivities. Thanks for sharing your resolved issue with sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back