Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Thank you for the answer! I tried to find out where to find tips on how-to set the org.Chameleon.Boot (I didn't have yet started my hackintosh), but no luck . Can you explain how to modify the DVI or DP and edit the Org.Chameleon.Boot Plist and what kind of values you put in in order to get a WQHD monitor to work on DVI with the integrated graphics? Or if you have the link to the tutorial? I looked at Multibeast pdf, but no luck...

Sure i can help. If you are using another monitor exceeding the resolution of 1920 then my suggestion was the same as before by editing the plist. How To Edit a .plist

For example my native resolution in my plist is 1920. I can open the plist using text edit, this is a Mac program so no need to search for it (Open With text edit). If your native screen resolution is 2560x1440 then you can just change this in the plist instead of 1920x1080x32. You need to find out what native resolution your screen has to enable it.

Example added in your plist.

From
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
to
Code:
 <key>Graphics Mode</key> 
<string>"2560x1440x32"</string>

Sure i can help. If you are using another monitor exceeding the resolution of 1920 then my suggestion was the same as before by editing the plist. How To Edit a .plist

For example my native resolution in my plist is 1920. I can open the plist using text edit, this is a Mac program so no need to search for it (Open With text edit). If your native screen resolution is 2560x1440 then you can just change this in the plist instead of 1920x1080x32. You need to find out what native resolution your screen has to enable it.

Example added in your plist.

From
Code:
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
to
Code:
 <key>Graphics Mode</key> 
<string>"2560x1440x32"</string>
Thank's a lot!!!

Hey wildwillow. Awesome build description, it helped me a ton when I was having issues. I've got almost the same hardware except I have a gtx 760 installed. I had startup working flawlessly, but ran multibeast 5.5 to get the audio going and now I'm unable to boot without -x. When I boot verbose I get Pthread support ABORTS when sync kernel primitives misused. Hoping you could share your multibeast 5.5 settings and help shed some light on this now that we have full haswell support. Thanks man!

edit: not quite sure why, but a fresh install without the graphic card installed and following your guide seemed to cure the issue. Sound works and so far so good. Thanks again Wildwillow for your tutorial. You rock!

It's also worth noting if you want you airplay mirroring to work to set your system definition in multibeast under customizations to iMac 13,2 and keep your Initial display in the BIOS to IGFX since it requires the 4600 onboard graphics with Intel Quick Sync to work. Otherwise you get a blank screen for 3-5 seconds and reverts back.

Hey Wildwillow!

First post!!! :headbang:

I wanted to say thanks for your detailed instructions :thumbup: I decided I wanted to build my first Hackintosh using parts that I hope I wont have to upgrade for a while, I decided to almost copy your setup.

I have the same MB and chip, and my case is very similar to yours. I too have 2x8GB RAM, but the differences are:
* 2 SSD drives; one for my Mountain Lion, the other for Windows 8
* Cooler Master GXII 750W power supply
* GeForce GTX 660 video card
* Corsair Watercooler for processor
* 1TB sata drive shared between both operating systems.
* Logitech K400r Wireless keyboard with trackpad

I followed your write up, and while the install for me didn't go as smooth as you reported, after doing a little searching and making a couple small changes, I now have a system that will boot up to either Mountain Lion or Windows 8, and both operating systems operate on dual screens.

So thanks again for your writeup; I couldn't have built my system without your info! The search function on this site was good too :thumbup:

Hey Wildwillow!

First post!!! :headbang:

I wanted to say thanks for your detailed instructions :thumbup: I decided I wanted to build my first Hackintosh using parts that I hope I wont have to upgrade for a while, I decided to almost copy your setup.

I have the same MB and chip, and my case is very similar to yours. I too have 2x8GB RAM, but the differences are:
* 2 SSD drives; one for my Mountain Lion, the other for Windows 8
* Cooler Master GXII 750W power supply
* GeForce GTX 660 video card
* Corsair Watercooler for processor
* 1TB sata drive shared between both operating systems.
* Logitech K400r Wireless keyboard with trackpad

I followed your write up, and while the install for me didn't go as smooth as you reported, after doing a little searching and making a couple small changes, I now have a system that will boot up to either Mountain Lion or Windows 8, and both operating systems operate on dual screens.

So thanks again for your writeup; I couldn't have built my system without your info! The search function on this site was good too :thumbup:

You're welcome. You have a great build and I'm pleased that it helped you out. I sincerely hope you are as pleased as I am. Congratulations:thumbup:

Hello,

I've put together the same MB/CPU combo and have followed your steps but have a problem with booting post unibest install where it hangs. -v states unrecognized CPU and something about power management. I can boot with -x and then proceed to multi beast install but I see the same error booting from SSD.

i'm using the latest unibest release and if you could please advise it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Barry

Hello,

I've put together the same MB/CPU combo and have followed your steps but have a problem with booting post unibest install where it hangs. -v states unrecognized CPU and something about power management. I can boot with -x and then proceed to multi beast install but I see the same error booting from SSD.

i'm using the latest unibest release and if you could please advise it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Barry

Here is the error I see when booting with multibest:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPlugInUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
--power management may be incomplete or unsupported
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1124
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1099

I'm stuck at this point
imagegif

Last edited by a moderator:

Here is the error I see when booting with multibest:
ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugIn::start - waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out
WARNING: IOPlatformPlugInUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3c
--power management may be incomplete or unsupported
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1124
Sound assertion in AppleHDADriver at line 1099

I'm stuck at this point
imagegif

Hi Blong123,

Well I have tried to replicate the problem you are having and I am unable to do so. Here is a quick guide for you to get OS X installed on your hardware.

1. Download Mountain Lion 10.8.5 from the Mac App Store.
2. Create your bootable USB drive using UniBeast 2.1.0 Name it "USB"
3. Start your computer and press F12 and select your UniBeast drive.
4. At the Chimera boot screen highlight "USB" (using the arrow keys)and then type -x and wait for the installation to complete.
5. Restarts, press F12 again select your UniBeast drive again and then highlight your SSD and type -x.
6. Fill in the registration information and reach the desktop.
7. Run MultiBeast 5.5.1 and select the same as the screenshot in my guide. If you are not using a discrete graphics card from the Buyer's Guide then do not select GraphicsEnabler=No.
8. Restart and enter BIOS and select First boot drive to your SSD. Then press F10 Save and exit.

I have just completed this method of installation with no problems so hope this helps you.

Last edited by a moderator:

Random question can I get away with only using the HD 4600 at least for a little while till I get a dedicated GPU? I haven't bought the thing yet so I wanted an owner's opinion rather than a table full of data :D

See my response to your post in this build description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back