Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would recommend to follow the Dortania USB guide. Its very comprehensive.
I tried and failed to do the mapping twice - but as this guide got updated, I finally succeeded.

Its roughly these steps:

1. use USBInjectAll to get all the USB ports.

2. route the ports EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02 to avoid conflicts.

3. use the USBmap tool to identify the ports
This step is possibly a bit confusing - one has to run the tool and it updates itself every 5 seconds and shows the ports. Then one inserts a USB stick into each external ports, as well as possible internal ports of the motherboard.
I used the manual of the mono to determine which ports are USB 3.0 and which USB 2.0. It can also happen that 2 or 4 ports are shown as the same in the tool - this only means that they are on an internal hub of the motherboard. Here, the manual can help as well as it displays the layout of the lanes, etc. to make it more understandable.

4. The tool generates the usbport.kext, which one replaces instead of the USBinjectAll. Also LEAVE the routing of the ports - I did not and ... it broke.

After testing, all ports worked at full speed as advertised. Something I did not manage to do with Clover and Hackintool.

Of course, attached my USBmap.kext - but I doubt it will map your mobo correctly.
thanks ColdCross,
I did as you told me; I followed the guide of dortania and I finally succeeded!

Glad to hear about your success!

The Dortania Guide is excellent, from the 6.3 even more understandable than before - and with the necessary tools linked.

I just updated to 11.1 without problems.
It takes about half an hour after a 3.6GB download.

Last edited:
I just updated my Z87X/i7-4770k rig with a fresh install of 11.4 with OC 0.6.9. The Dortania guide is great. Now have FileVault enabled and everything is working perfectly including Bluetooth, iMessage, and AirDrop. Glad to have finally moved on from Clover and the days of S/L/E nonsense.. and this rig still performs almost like new ones. I'm wondering if I'll ever build a new hack or just get a future M2 box and be done with this. In meantime I may take a run at mapping USB ports, but I really don't care that much about that issue so far.

Screen Shot 2021-05-26 at 9.51.50 PM.png

I tried and failed to do the mapping twice - but as this guide got updated, I finally succeeded.
Good afternoon! I have such a computer configuration. Could you please post your EFI. Thank you!

I just updated my Z87X/i7-4770k rig with a fresh install of 11.4 with OC 0.6.9. The Dortania guide is great. Now have FileVault enabled and everything is working perfectly including Bluetooth, iMessage, and AirDrop. Glad to have finally moved on from Clover and the days of S/L/E nonsense.. and this rig still performs almost like new ones. I'm wondering if I'll ever build a new hack or just get a future M2 box and be done with this. In meantime I may take a run at mapping USB ports, but I really don't care that much about that issue so far.

View attachment 519870

This same system I bought in 2013 is still going strong and running like new. Just upgraded to a 4TB SSD with a fresh install of Monterey. Only thing I had to do is update the system profile to 17,1 (and kextupdater for rest) and install was flawless. Still haven't mapped USB but dont really care. Other than an M2 NVME drive for speed, not sure I need more processor or memory. Can someone give me a good reason to upgrade this system if most my use is office and browser? As fun as hackintosh has been, its often to avoid a premium to be able to do some periodic transcoding - and these days I dont even bother - ill just grab the right file online and add to Plex. The speed of most PCs for average use has become almost irrelevant. Main thing holding me to Intel and avoiding Apple silicon is ability to run Win 10 VM periodically to edit publisher files.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back