Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Updated to 10.14.6. No issues.

Does anyone plan to update to Catalina?
Would someone team up to figure out the settings for this system for the new Open Core Bootloader?

Updated to Catalina.

Updated Clover and all kext beforehand.

The install only worked from Mohave onto a new drive WITHOUT any other (HFS) partitions.
My EFI Clover setup failed to load Catalina Install from a USB drive.

How long it takes to boot and any stops in between?

I don't perceive any significant differences in boot speed between Mojave and Catalina.
Not sure what you mean by stops in between.

When installing:

Run Catalina install in a Mojave boot - install into a fresh new APFS drive - Reboot.
Select OSX install in Clover - reboot.
Select Catalina partition in Clover - reboot.
Select Catalina partition in Clover - system boots into Catalina.

Updated to 10.14.6. No issues.

Does anyone plan to update to Catalina?
Would someone team up to figure out the settings for this system for the new Open Core Bootloader?
Hello, I gave it a try over the week end, with a clean install. The first part, creating the Catalina USB, and installing Catalina went smooth.

Problems started when rebooting trough the USB key but on the main HD in order to install all the necessary kexts with MultiBeast. For the first time ever I had a failure to install from MultiBeast. I then installed the kexts by hand.

From this point I fell in the nightmare loop of a known issue but that I was unable to solve. It's the one where the boot get's stuck at " IOConsoleUsers: gIO ScreenLockState 3 ", for example on this thread

From them one I tried the different proposition of fix found on the site, but without success as for now.

I don't perceive any significant differences in boot speed between Mojave and Catalina.

When installing:

Run Catalina install in a Mojave boot - install into a fresh new APFS drive - Reboot.
my hack with Catalina running smooth but boot takes more time as compare to Mojave and takes two pauses during boot.

Hello, I gave it a try over the week end, with a clean install. The first part, creating the Catalina USB, and installing Catalina went smooth.

Problems started when rebooting trough the USB key but on the main HD in order to install all the necessary kexts with MultiBeast. For the first time ever I had a failure to install from MultiBeast. I then installed the kexts by hand.

From this point I fell in the nightmare loop of a known issue but that I was unable to solve. It's the one where the boot get's stuck at " IOConsoleUsers: gIO ScreenLockState 3 ", for example on this thread

From them one I tried the different proposition of fix found on the site, but without success as for now.

Try to boot with iGFX disabled.

Try to boot with iGFX disabled.
Hey! Thanks for the advice. Oh man I tried, with changes on BIOS with IGFX or with PCie. Directly on the IntelGPU Board or with the NVIDIA Graphic Card. I will try again over the next week end writing down every option. I tried so many things that I might have missed the right one :D

Hi, Anyone have NVMe external icon patch for Catalina. I used Clover and OpenCore. Both still need patch.

When installing:

Hi! What NVMe patch are you using in Catalina?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back