Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally found the time to update my build to High Sierra 13.3.6 (Nvidia drivers are not available yet for Mojave).
Everything works perfectly as was on my Yosemite build that is already in place on a different SSD.

Not tested:
  • iMessage
  • Facetime
  • USB 3.1 support
Thanks to Wildwillow for the original Yosemite build that I used the last 5 years
and to Coldcross and BreBO for their posts that helped me to do the new build.
Updated to 10.14.1 via software update. No problem.
Updated apfs.kext in clover.

Still can't play videos in Safari. I tried a workaround described for high Sierra, but that does not work for me.

I would also like to thank Wildwillow and others on this forum for the great support.
What a solid hackintosh build!

Will you be able to provide your (Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC) SSDT-UIAC.aml

I don't think I have that file, as I installed the system as High Sierra used Multibeast and then updated to Mohave.

I replaced the wifi card and the Bluetooth dongle with BCM943602CS 2,4 & 5g 3 Antenne 1300 Mbps BT4.1 WiFi.

It took 3 weeks to arrive from China to Germany and works without any drivers on Mohave.
Mouse and keyboard work in BIOS.

Hi ColdCross finally the wifi card is arrived. The Wifi is ok but bluetooth no, I don't see the card in the usb list...
I've tried on 10.13.4 and on 10.14.0 OSX installation (I have two SSD on the same machine).

I've connected the usb cable from the card to the motherboard (tried all usb ports).

Any idea on what could be the problem for the bluetooth?
I enclose some pictures.
Thank you so much.

Attachments

• Bluetooth.png
    Bluetooth.png
    150.6 KB · Views: 129
  • USB_card.jpg
    USB_card.jpg
    998.1 KB · Views: 133
  • USB_ports.jpg
    USB_ports.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 128
  • WiFi.png
    WiFi.png
    161.2 KB · Views: 128
Sorry to hear about this.
I made sure the cables are in the correct direction.

I had initial issues with Bluetooth, because I was using the old dongle as well at the same time.
I had no USB keyboard or mouse, so I tried to delete the device from the system, remove the dongle and then wait for the system to ask for a Bluetooth mouse and hoped for the best.

Obviously not the best solution, but if you are still using the dongle, maybe switch to a USB mouse first, remove the Bluetooth devices and then remove the dongle. Upon reboot the system should ask for a bluetooth device - or you can do it in the system preferences.

IMG_0321.jpeg IMG_0323.jpeg IMG_0324.jpeg Screenshot 2018-11-07 at 19.38.05.png

Will you be able to provide your (Gigabyte GA-Z87X-OC) SSDT-UIAC.aml

Why you need an SSDT-UIAC.aml ?
Your USB ports aren't working well?
Anyway download from github the RehabMan SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl file
and follow RehabMan's procedures to create a custom SSDT-UIAC

Why you need an SSDT-UIAC.aml ?
Your USB ports aren't working well?
Anyway download from github the RehabMan SSDT-UIAC-ALL.dsl file
and follow RehabMan's procedures to create a custom SSDT-UIAC
USB Ports stop working after update to 10.14.1, so I tried so many times to create ssdt, and some USB 2 devices start showing up under USB 3 devices, and USB 2 stops working. I will try again on my day off.

USB Ports stop working after update to 10.14.1, so I tried so many times to create ssdt, and some USB 2 devices start showing up under USB 3 devices, and USB 2 stops working. I will try again on my day off.

Ok, as soon as I can I will try to make it for you if I succeed. :)

Has anyone figured out how to deal with the freeze of the system when watching video in safari on sites like verge,
or when playing a video in the App Store?

Hello!

I attempted a vanilla installation of Mohave 10.14.2 and realized that I could not get the system running via MultiBeast with the same ease as it was the case on earlier systems and ended up "hacking" together a system from old EFI folder, which left me with slight unease.

Then I tried to build up a system from the ground up, trying to use as little settings in config.plist and as little kexts as possible with the aim to arrive at a minimalist setup, which I would understand and not dread every macOS update. This post seemed to offer a modern approach.

I got this far:

INSTALLATION
1. Installation of Mohave via USB, created with UniBeast into APFS partition
2. Installation of clover from developer site into EFI partition.
3. FakeSMC.kext into CLOVER/kexts/Other
4. CsmVideoDxe-64.efi into CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (for 2560 x 1440 resolution in Clover)
5. AptioMemoryFix-64.efi into CLOVER/drivers64UEFI (no boot without it)
6. AppleALC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext into Library/Extensions/ (for video and sound)
7. FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext (for USB 3.0 but did not get this to work)

SETTINGS
8. Turned on SSD TRIM via trimforce command.
9. changed GFX0 to IGPU
10. Dropped MATS tables
11. Used FB-Patcher to determine settings video for Device section and raise VRAM to 2048.
12. Used FB-Patcher to create sound patch for Device section.

So far so good. System boots, video and sound works.

I got stuck at the USB 3.0 port creation via FB-Patcher. I tried to these and these guides and I think I got some basic understanding what is necessary. However when I try to do, with USBInjectAll.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other
- Clover Rename XHC1 -> XHC
- Clover Rename EHC1 -> EH01
- Clover Rename EHC2 -> EH02

My system does not boot up anymore. FB-Patcher also does not seem to recognize, when I plugin devices.
Any advice?

The procedure is quite complex from what I gather, so If someone created a USBports.kext, could you maybe share it?

If you like, please have a look and use the attached config.plist. Any advice if I missed some patch, deleted too much or got the settings wrong are most welcome.

Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    3.5 KB · Views: 205
I got USB 3.0 running again on all ports.
Switched to VirtualSMC.kext in the wibe of "modern and lean" system - works fine so far.

All it takes are 6 kexts and a minimal config.plist.
I have deepest respect from all the developers - thank you so much!

I tried to create a custom USBPorts.kext following every guide I could find but failed.
USBInjectAll.kext and a port limit patch for 10.14.2, FB-Patcher ... it did not work for me either way.

In the end, it was simply placing FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext into L/E and removing all patches from ACPI DSDT. That includes GFX0 to IGPU since whatevergreen.kext does not seem to need it. Also no port limit patch.

And suddenly all internal and external ports were running as they should at usb 2.0 and usb 3.0 speeds.

This thread does not seem to get much attention anymore, but if there is someone who could help me out with one last fix: the system does not sleep as it should. It enters sleep states and wakes up immediately afterward. I researched the topic and it seems that the power management seems to be applied to the USB ports via a custom file - the very thing I just failed at.

Any help here would be appreciated.

Also thanks a lot for the support of the forum members over the years for this system.
It still runs like a charm and is a joy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back