Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure, but it is nothing special.
I made an installation USB from the downloaded High Sierra install app, installed and applied Multibeast.

Now I updated to Mohave. There used to be problems with earlier versions of HS that crashed iTunes. These are now gone.
Some videos on websites crash now Safari again. I had that problem before, so I need to look up the solution in this thread.

I would recommend to apply the hacked BIOS for this mobo, so one can install nvme SSDs. Some magician was able to replace the RAID functionality with native NVME SSD support. I replaced my ageing SATA Samsung 840 Pro SSD with a 960 Evo SSD. Really awesome.

Please note that I do not have a GFX card like you do, so you need to alter your configuration accordingly.

Attachments

• mb_bios_ga-z87x-oc_f9c_NVME.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 106
  • EFI.zip
    21.4 MB · Views: 103
I can't seem to be able to replicate the fix for the iGPU Safari video issues, where e.g. twitter videos crash safari.
Using Firefox is a workaround, but sometimes websites have videos embedded which one does not know in advance,
so the system just crashes.

Is there any solution for this in Mojave?

Many thanks in advance.

There is something off with the iGPU settings under Mohave.
The App Store crashes for example.

Is someone else experiencing this?

@ColdCross : I've your setup, same mobo and Proc.
Actually I'm on Yosemite (Chimera bootloader).
I've prepared an USB with Mojave installation but I'm not able to boot from the USB.
When I choose the USB as startup device then my windows instance start instead of the Clover bootloader.
Can you help me....
Maybe I must physically disconnect all the other drives.

Thanks you

P.S. I've used the same USB to install a new machine Z370 with no problem.

I am not exactly an expert.

Since the USB works elsewhere it must be created correctly.
I think disconnecting drives is a good idea, just not to delete some partition by accident.

Since Chimera and Clover are quite different, it may be a good idea to format the installation disk with your windows partition to utterly destroy it. Then remove all drives but the USB and install destination and attempt the Mohave installation with the installer formatting the disk from scratch.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

I am not exactly an expert.

Since the USB works elsewhere it must be created correctly.
I think disconnecting drives is a good idea, just not to delete some partition by accident.

Since Chimera and Clover are quite different, it may be a good idea to format the installation disk with your windows partition to utterly destroy it. Then remove all drives but the USB and install destination and attempt the Mohave installation with the installer formatting the disk from scratch.

Good luck and let us know how it went!

Very strange, I've created again the bootable USB (on the same key) with Mojave and this one boot without a problem. ?!?!

Finally found the time to update my build to High Sierra 13.3.6 (Nvidia drivers are not available yet for Mojave).
Everything works perfectly as was on my Yosemite build that is already in place on a different SSD.

Not tested:
  • iMessage
  • Facetime
  • USB 3.1 support
Thanks to Wildwillow for the original Yosemite build that I used the last 5 years
and to Coldcross and BreBO for their posts that helped me to do the new build.

Updated to 10.14.1 via software update. No problem.
Updated apfs.kext in clover.

Still can't play videos in Safari. I tried a workaround described for high Sierra, but that does not work for me.

I would also like to thank Wildwillow and others on this forum for the great support.
What a solid hackintosh build!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back