Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you rael11,

would you kindly advise me how to apply these patches?
I do not see them listed in Clover Configurator, Kernel and Kext Patches, KextsToPatch.

Thank you!

would you kindly advise me how to apply these patches?
I do not see them listed in Clover Configurator, Kernel and Kext Patches, KextsToPatch.
Clover Configurator > Acpi > DSDT > Patches

patches.png

Thank you very much for the advice.

It helped with the crashes a bit - now iTunes runs sort of stable for a while.
But as soon as I try to play any video or link to a shared library over the network it crashes.

It also crashes from time to time when playing back music - but this was since the update to High Sierra.
Sierra had no such Problems.

If there are any more possible things to try out, I would very much like to know.

Thank you!

Updated to 10.13.3 without problems. Audio drivers needed re-install.

iTunes is still very unstable, even after complete fresh install of 10.13.2. To the point where iPhones updates are not possible.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

Can you put your EFI folder? Tired is not a pleasant story with 1060, I bought a zotac 1080 and very happy. No friezes after sleep. Finally decided to go from 10.12.6 to HS. But why the attempted upgrade and clean install failed. Previously put on a separate hdd. With problems, but launched. Now why it does not work. writes bsd process name corresponding to current thread: unknown. Or write please go to https //panic.apple.com to report this panic

Edit
Found a Wildwillow's folder, puted a couple of pages ago and added drop MATS. Have successfully installed the HS. But now after the launch of the Toleda audio command no boot and have message in v-mode - does printf work?
Edit
Finally everything turned out. The biggest difficulty is caused by the sound (alc892). After launching the audio Toledo 130 command, the front headphone jack did not work! After much suffering, I finally removed the realtekALC.kext, which is automatically installed from Toleda. As it turned out, I do not need it. Now everything works, I'll continue to test the system's performance

Last edited:
10.13.5 Update.

All good.

10.13.5 Update.

All good.

Please can you share your EFI folder?
I wanna try to install High Sierra.
Is there something that doesn't work?
Thank you so much, I'm still on Yosemite with this machine (but it's perfect, 4 years no problems) :)

My EFI folder is shared some posts back.

iTunes crashed often, despite above tip.
Every startup or restart, the system reports 2 error messages, as if there have been a hard crash prior. (This is since Sierra and High Sierra)

Other than that, the system has no issues.

For the mobo to recognise the m.2 SSD via PCIexpress card you need a hacked BIOS that allows that capability.
A few threads back, there is a how-to, but it is simply as doing a BIOS upgrade as any other.

Hacked BIOS that works with my Samsung 960 EVO m.2 nvme SSD is attached. No guarantees.

I updated clover from 4359 to 4617 and then tried to update to 10.13.6.
The system stopped booting. I rebooted into a 2nd drive with old clover, booted into the system and re-ran multibeast to restore clover to 4359. The system then updated correctly.
It boots a bit slow now, I assume it is the "emulated NVRAM" option I chose. I will do it one more time without this option and see how it works.

Attachments

• mb_bios_ga-z87x-oc_f9c_NVME.zip
    5.8 MB · Views: 104
Hi,

I currently have the original build from this thread. In order to upgrade my Adobe CC Suite, which I need for work, I need to update my OS. I'm looking to upgrade from from Yosemite to High Sierra or Sierra.

Is this post the place I need to start? https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0k-hd4600-gt-640.106807/page-111#post-1324558.

I've tried combing through this forum, and think I have a basic idea where to start, but I don't want to make too many assumptions. Also, is it best to start with a fresh install? I don't have many things I need to retain, just a lot of storage on a separate HD.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back