Contribute
Register

[Updated] wildwillow's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-OC - i7-4770K - HD4600+GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would go for Yosemite but thats my personal preference. If there are features that you will use in Yosemite then its an easy decision, if you are happy with Mavericks features then stay with Mavericks, I like both but Yosemite has some great additional features, with the new Photos app being released in later updates.

If you reinstall Mavericks then a full format would be a wise option. If there is anything that you would like to keep, back it up first as it will save you downloading it after the install.

Either guide will work for you, I used the guide from the top of page, remember if you upgrade to take the steps documented. I'm not sure if your audio codec and ethernet are the same, but you will know this already as you are using a different motherboard.

Great thank you!

Hi there, im looking to build a new Hackintosh and this looks like the perfect build for me.

I would be looking to install ML 10.8.5 (as this is the most stable os for the music production software I use)

Would I be able to follow your instructions using this mobo? GA-Z87X-UD3H

Many thanks!
Luke

Hi there, im looking to build a new Hackintosh and this looks like the perfect build for me.

I would be looking to install ML 10.8.5 (as this is the most stable os for the music production software I use)

Would I be able to follow your instructions using this mobo? GA-Z87X-UD3H

Many thanks!
Luke

Hi Luke,

The guide is for the Z87X-OC which may have a different audio codec and ethernet NIC. The guide will allow you to install ML yet the screen shots are not from MultiBeast - Mountain Lion 5.5.5 which is what you will need.

You will get the information you need from adamamasher's golden build linked below. He uses the exact same motherboard as you want to install on and the screen shots are from MultiBeast 5xx. You can take a look at the screens shots for BIOS settings from Post#1 of my build if you are going to use integrated graphics.

adamsmasher's Haswell Build: GA-Z87X-UD3H - i7-4770K - HD4600

I updated to 10.10.3 via app store.
Applied the new Multibeast 7.3 to fix audio and trim patch, as well as the new Chimera 4.1.

All works fine.

Thank you.

Hi Wildwillow's,

First, thanks.

Got this config working fine since january 2014 (with a nvidia GTX 650).
Sometimes I have to add -v at startup, like it slows the startup process or else it freezes. And sometimes it just boots normally.
Checking my boot.plist, I see I don't have the Kernel - mach kernel lines.

Do you think I should add them ? Or do you think something is not needed ?

<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>IGPEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>2</string>
<key>HDEFLayoutID</key>
<string>01000000</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>UseKernelCache</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>"1920x1080x32"</string>
<key>HDAEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>

thanks

Hi Wildwillow's,

First, thanks.

Got this config working fine since january 2014 (with a nvidia GTX 650).
Sometimes I have to add -v at startup, like it slows the startup process or else it freezes. And sometimes it just boots normally.
Checking my boot.plist,

Looking at your .plist, most likely problem causing you issues during boot is you are injecting integrated Intel graphics when using discrete graphics. Change IPGEnabler to No. Save the plist, reboot and check speed of boot and consistency. You are on OS X Mavericks?

I currently have OS 10.9 and Windows 8. I wanna try the Yosemite, can I just create a new partition and add a new OS to it and so I have 2 OS and 1 Win. Will it work?

I wanted to know if I could get some more information on a few things in regards to MultiBeast selections.

Hardware:
GA-Z87X-OC
i5-4670K
GTX 670
16GB(2 x 8GB) G.Skill Trident X 2400
1 x 240GB Seagate SSD (will not have Mac OS installed on it; for now)
1 x 2TB Seagate HDD
1 x 1TB WesternDigital HDD
LG blu-ray burner (WH14NS40)
Logitech K310 keyboard
Microsoft Comfort Mouse 6000
Dell U2311H

Now based on my hardware and the most current version of MultiBeast being 7.3, what should I select to get audio working? Do I need FakeSMC, Generate CPU States, and Use KernelCache? I'm not really sure what Use KernelCache will do for me. Also, considering my mouse has two side thumb buttons, is there anyway to get these working by modifying some files? I don't want to download some application to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back