CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi, Anyone have NVMe external icon patch for Catalina. I used Clover and OpenCore. Both still need patch.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 950
Mac
MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, Mac mini
Mobile Phone
iOS
I don't perceive any significant differences in boot speed between Mojave and Catalina.
Not sure what you mean by stops in between.

When installing:

Run Catalina install in a Mojave boot - install into a fresh new APFS drive - Reboot.
Select OSX install in Clover - reboot.
Select Catalina partition in Clover - reboot.
Select Catalina partition in Clover - system boots into Catalina.
Hi! What NVMe patch are you using in Catalina?

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
I am not sure I am using one.
SSD 960 EVO seems to work fine as is?

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
The 960 EVO shows as internal on my Mojave setup, and I don't remember addressing this issue in my Clover setup.

The Catalina-Data partition shows under "Locations" in Mojave finder sidebar,
and I can't remove it from there.

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+GT 640
Hello friends,

I am an old user of this forum. I am thinking of updating my hackintosh (10.9.4) to Mojave or Catalina. Is there a small tutorial or from which post number.

Thank you.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello friends,

I am an old user of this forum. I am thinking of updating my hackintosh (10.9.4) to Mojave or Catalina. Is there a small tutorial or from which post number.

Thank you.
I recommend you upgrade to Mojave. Catalina is .0 version that is still full of bugs, and it's going to restructure your drive. Additioinally, Catalina won't run 32bit apps. I always wait until at least the .3 update of macOS to make sure Apple gets the major bugs corrected.

BTW, get the GO64 freeware utility to identify all your 32bit applications so you can update them or get rid of them and find new ones that 64bit applications. See this article about more information on using GO54 and the 32bit application issue.

Finally, Mojave has mature UniBeast and MultiBeast. Use the tonymacx86 guide:

Motherboard
GA-Z87X-OC
CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
HD4600+GT 640
I recommend you upgrade to Mojave. Catalina is .0 version that is still full of bugs, and it's going to restructure your drive. Additioinally, Catalina won't run 32bit apps. I always wait until at least the .3 update of macOS to make sure Apple gets the major bugs corrected.

BTW, get the GO64 freeware utility to identify all your 32bit applications so you can update them or get rid of them and find new ones that 64bit applications. See this article about more information on using GO54 and the 32bit application issue.

Finally, Mojave has mature UniBeast and MultiBeast. Use the tonymacx86 guide:

Thanks Stork.