Contribute
Register

updated to Mojave, no quick look or preview jpg, help AMD rx 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had the same problem only in Mojave
(I installed Mojave fresh with Radeon RX 560 and no Lilu and no WhatEverGreen.kext in Clover/kexts/other. No edit in config.plist.)
Worked - but .jpg with quick look does not.

---> Found: https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg/releases

1. download, unzip
2. copy latest Lilu and downloaded "NoVPAJpeg.kext" to dektop
3. use KextBeast to copy to ./Library/Extensions (I do not copy them to EFI Clover kext!!)
4. restart

You are done! = Quick look show all .jpg

Thanks for this!!! I was able to get Quick Look JPEG space-bar previews working by following those 4 steps precisely. Before I used Clover Configurator, and it didn't work. The Whatevergreen thing just confused me, the boot option you have to use isn't documented on the page for some reason.

Thanks for this!!! I was able to get Quick Look JPEG space-bar previews working by following those 4 steps precisely. Before I used Clover Configurator, and it didn't work. The Whatevergreen thing just confused me, the boot option you have to use isn't documented on the page for some reason.
This is not recommended by the author of the kext !! from his github page :

NoVPAJpeg.kext is deprecated.

In case its functionality is needed, use WhateverGreen.kext and add the following boot arguments:

shikigva=32 shiki-id=Mac-7BA5B2D9E42DDD94

Haven't try his way, still trying to set headless IGPU instead, but the kext is not the way to go now :)

Thanx Itwas ! Fortunately I tried the macpro 6.1 SMBIOS and it solved the problem. CPU works fine with sleep and everything. So I guess I won't need the IGpu fix... for now ;) Thanx again !
Thanx! macpro 6.1 SMBIOS solved my problem too.

To fix Preview, either (1) enable IGPU and configure it to be headless or (2) try iMacPro1,1 system definition and disable IGPU. I never tried this with Z270, but I think it should work.

can you or someone tell me how to disable the IGPU?
i have imacpro 1,1 and everything works fine except the preview for MOV files in finder. Thats the only thing Id like fixed. but I dont want to lose hardware acceleration by going to other system profiles

can you or someone tell me how to disable the IGPU?
i have imacpro 1,1 and everything works fine except the preview for MOV files in finder. Thats the only thing Id like fixed. but I dont want to lose hardware acceleration by going to other system profiles

Disable it in BIOS.

Changed my profile from iMac14,2 to MacPro6,1. using Clover Configuration > SMBIOS > then changed the profile from the profile selector to MacPro6,1 profile and save changes. This fixed the issue instantly, after a quick computer reset. Nothing else is needed.

Screen Shot 2019-11-23 at 8.29.15 AM.png

To fix Preview, either (1) enable IGPU and configure it to be headless or (2) try iMacPro1,1 system definition and disable IGPU. I never tried this with Z270, but I think it should work.
This #2 worked for me, too. GB Z390 Gaming X with RX 580 under Mojave.

However, when I rebooted I got a message: "This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with <email address>". I Clicked on iCloud Preferences, entered my Apple password, then entered the 6 digit code Apple sent to my iPhone and it all seemed to go well. But now all my Safari web page passwords are gone. Is it because I changed my system def from iMac19,2 to iMacPro1,1? Do I need to generate a new serial number as per the Idiot's Guide to iMessage?

Last edited:
This #2 worked for me, too. GB Z390 Gaming X with RX 580 under Mojave.

However, when I rebooted I got a message: "This Mac can't connect to iCloud because of a problem with <email address>". I Clicked on iCloud Preferences, entered my Apple password, then entered the 6 digit code Apple sent to my iPhone and it all seemed to go well. But now all my Safari web page passwords are gone. Is it because I changed my system def from iMac19,2 to iMacPro1,1? Do I need to generate a new serial number as per the Idiot's Guide to iMessage?

If you generated new Serial, Board Serial, UUID when you changed your system definition to iMacPro1,1, your installation of macOS will think it's on a new Mac and you will have to re-login to all your iCloud stuff.

Whenever I changing system definitions, I use Clover Configurator to generate new Serial, Board Serial, UUID. I have never tried using the same set of Serial, Board Serial, UUID with different system definitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back