Contribute
Register

updated to Mojave, no quick look or preview jpg, help AMD rx 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of those properties are leftovers from the previous working configurations... will try to kill those, but they never gave any trouble to me. Can't remember when they have come up, really.

I tend not to mess with the drivers64UEFI... last I remember I placed the system APFS on it with high sierra and now again in mojave. The rest is in there since the first time I got Clover. Every Clover update it does it's thing and I don't mess around with it. For at least a year now I am updating clover with clover configurator only.

The EFI I posted is pared down as it is obvious since I deleted things I know are not of influence HERE (BOOT, APPLE, OEM folders for example) to send.

The kexts are needed.

Apart from FakeSMC, we kave USBPorts used to trim down the USB ports to the ones I use and discard the ones I don't for the 15 port limit. (Another thing I could not resolve was that Type C port, but let's not go there yet). IntelMausiEthernet is needed for ethernet to work, no joy without. AirportBroadcom is needed because my TP-Link T8E does not work in 5GHz without it (has to do with the country code). Lilu is needed by some of the other kexts as you know. Hibernation is because sometimes I have problems without it - not entirelly needed, but does not seen to hurt.

The kexts under Misc/Disabled Kexts are well, disabled. I placed them there as Clover does not look there. Some are old versions, some were used while configuring USB, some were used while trying some "advice" on the various threads here and elsewhere. When the system gets stable I kill that folder, until there, it's convenient for me to let them there since sometimes I can only regain control with a fast Linux visit and I have no way of looking inside APFS partition with it.

If you believe it's messed up, I may try to kill it all and reinstall a clean clover with just those kexts, but I see little chance of it fixing the issue. HackingTool is of little help since it dies most of the times when I click patch. But I managed to use it sometimes and tried the configurations issued to little to no effect. Just tired of a long week and a half of trying. Sorry for my Rant/Lament.

Some of those properties are leftovers from the previous working configurations... will try to kill those, but they never gave any trouble to me. Can't remember when they have come up, really.

I tend not to mess with the drivers64UEFI... last I remember I placed the system APFS on it with high sierra and now again in mojave. The rest is in there since the first time I got Clover. Every Clover update it does it's thing and I don't mess around with it. For at least a year now I am updating clover with clover configurator only.

The EFI I posted is pared down as it is obvious since I deleted things I know are not of influence HERE (BOOT, APPLE, OEM folders for example) to send.

The kexts are needed.

Apart from FakeSMC, we kave USBPorts used to trim down the USB ports to the ones I use and discard the ones I don't for the 15 port limit. (Another thing I could not resolve was that Type C port, but let's not go there yet). IntelMausiEthernet is needed for ethernet to work, no joy without. AirportBroadcom is needed because my TP-Link T8E does not work in 5GHz without it (has to do with the country code). Lilu is needed by some of the other kexts as you know. Hibernation is because sometimes I have problems without it - not entirelly needed, but does not seen to hurt.

The kexts under Misc/Disabled Kexts are well, disabled. I placed them there as Clover does not look there. Some are old versions, some were used while configuring USB, some were used while trying some "advice" on the various threads here and elsewhere. When the system gets stable I kill that folder, until there, it's convenient for me to let them there since sometimes I can only regain control with a fast Linux visit and I have no way of looking inside APFS partition with it.

If you believe it's messed up, I may try to kill it all and reinstall a clean clover with just those kexts, but I see little chance of it fixing the issue. HackingTool is of little help since it dies most of the times when I click patch. But I managed to use it sometimes and tried the configurations issued to little to no effect. Just tired of a long week and a half of trying. Sorry for my Rant/Lament.

Our systems are very similar. I have changed serial numbers and uuids to my config.plist and attached my EFI folder.
Obviously it won't have fixes for USB port limits or your wifi card BUT, I would try it and see it gets you booting with iGPU and dGPU both enabled. After that you can work on getting your USB port limit and wifi card worked out.

One other VERY important thing. If you do decide to use my EFI folder, BEFORE you reboot, go to /Library/Preferences and delete any file that starts with com.apple.PowerManagement
No worries. These files will be regenerated after reboot.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    16.8 MB · Views: 92
Our systems are very similar. I have changed serial numbers and uuids to my config.plist and attached my EFI folder.
Obviously it won't have fixes for USB port limits or your wifi card BUT, I would try it and see it gets you booting with iGPU and dGPU both enabled. After that you can work on getting your USB port limit and wifi card worked out.

Thank you. Will try before erasing everything and restarting from scratch.

The kexts are needed.

Please make a backup of your existing EFI and try this one.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    27.5 MB · Views: 104
Hi all. Lost access to my NVME partition as a result of one of the tests (getting rid of some of the Drivers64UEFI) and not even after restoring the EFI to its previous state I regained access. Tried booting with Unibest generated install USB drive to no avail. I have no option now but to start over. Will have do delay working on the system until the weekend. Thankfully I have my other build, the notebook and a backup.
Thanks for the help anyways. Will use your sugestions when I start over.

Well that’s too bad.
Hopefully you get it up and running.
The EFI folder I shared is for a Z390 Gigabyte with IGPU and dGPU enabled.
I have a nvme drive also, so support is there.

Sleep/wake/shutdown/restart working
RX hdmi audio working
RX hdmi 2.0 4K 60hz working

IGPU set as connectorless - used for graphics processing only not for monitors.
Shows up in IOReg as working.

Jpg working
Hevc encode / decode working
Avc encode / decode working

Hello There, downloaded and put by kextutility both LILU and NoVPAJpeg, but unfortunately don't works for me! Why?
Thanx bros

NoVPAJpeg worked fine for me. Thanks!

I had the same problem only in Mojave
(I installed Mojave fresh with Radeon RX 560 and no Lilu and no WhatEverGreen.kext in Clover/kexts/other. No edit in config.plist.)
Worked - but .jpg with quick look does not.

---> Found: https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg/releases

1. download, unzip
2. copy latest Lilu and downloaded "NoVPAJpeg.kext" to dektop
3. use KextBeast to copy to ./Library/Extensions (I do not copy them to EFI Clover kext!!)
4. restart

You are done! = Quick look show all .jpg

Thank you very much! This worked for me!

Note: I used Clover Configurator's Kext Installer tab (second from bottom); it automatically matches the correct version to the corresponding version of Lilu.kext and installs it. Very handy!

FWIW it installed the kext in my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.6 folder by default. I moved it to my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other folder (where I place all of my EFI based kexts)

When using iMac17.1 or iMac18,x system definition, macOS expects IGPU to be enabled. When IGPU is not configured correctly, Quick Look and Preview will have problems. If you use MacPro5,1 or MacPro6,1, macOS does not expect IGPU to be present.

For your CPU, I feel that iMac18,x system definition is a better choice. Just configure IGPU correctly and Quick Look and Preview should not have problems.

Sorry I got the same problem. I have to set my OS X as iMacPro1,1 then it can work.
Anyway I would like to know that how to set IGPU correctly. I also used as same as CPU as you. (I9 9900K)
Please help. Thank you in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back