Contribute
Register

updated to Mojave, no quick look or preview jpg, help AMD rx 580

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, exact same problem. I've heard SMBIOS 17,X and 18,X could fix that, but for me it's impossible to boot with those (black screen), so i'm stuck with 14,2 (don't think a mac pro smbios would do good considering my chipset and CPU).

I tried to enable the igpu in the bios, which led to a boot progress stuck at roughly 80%. Is there something to add to make this work ? The Igpu fonction doesn't need any tweaking of the .plist or any kext at all ?

you need to set the correct platform-id for the IGPU works in offline mode
and ACPI Patch :
GFX0 -> IGPU
PEGP -> GFX0 // something like that

or Lilu / Whatevergreen

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. It seems that it is enough to activate the integrated GPU, for the motherboards which have one.
Mine does not have any (Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1).

Is there a way to make the quick look work with Whatevergreen and Lilu ? For MB without iGPU and with a Nvidia GPU (GT 710 in my case) ?

Help is welcome :think:

In my case, finally works after passing the system definition from iMac 14.2 to Macpro 5.1 :cool:

I had the same problem only in Mojave
(I installed Mojave fresh with Radeon RX 560 and no Lilu and no WhatEverGreen.kext in Clover/kexts/other. No edit in config.plist.)
Worked - but .jpg with quick look does not.

---> Found: https://github.com/vulgo/NoVPAJpeg/releases

1. download, unzip
2. copy latest Lilu and downloaded "NoVPAJpeg.kext" to dektop
3. use KextBeast to copy to ./Library/Extensions (I do not copy them to EFI Clover kext!!)
4. restart

You are done! = Quick look show all .jpg

I have the exact same issue. I solved it by enabling integrated graphics.

do you use any kext. and clover configurator to change any specific setting besides BIOS setting?

I was able to get quick look to work, but now I am getting complete system freeze when editing videos in any Apple app or if I open the wallpaper preference pane. I usually cannot get console open to see anything but i did once and had a bunch of kernel errors about gpu being restarted. I think I am going to try a clean install and see what happens. Also only one DisplayPort and hdmi port works on the card. I need to get an error report together to see if someone can take a look.

do you use any kext. and clover configurator to change any specific setting besides BIOS setting?

I only enabled the integrated graphics in BIOS. Nothing else was changed within the config file. Even though the OS did not detect the built in graphics, it did solve the jpeg preview issue. Though now I have completely disabled the onboard graphics and am using the kext posted in another thread that fixes this jpeg issue.

I only enabled the integrated graphics in BIOS. Nothing else was changed within the config file. Even though the OS did not detect the built in graphics, it did solve the jpeg preview issue. Though now I have completely disabled the onboard graphics and am using the kext posted in another thread that fixes this jpeg issue.

Thanks for replying, now I use NoVPAJpeg.kext
But still want to try something more original.

Thanks for replying, now I use NoVPAJpeg.kext
But still want to try something more original.

The other thing that also worked for me was the MacPro SMBIOS. When I used the 6,1 BIOS, everything worked natively without having to enable the onboard graphics or using the kext. I decided not to use that SMBIOS because it did not match my hardware specs. I'm not sure how much difference it would have made though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back