CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi, just got Mojave installed on my system and I cannot open jpgs with quick look or preview, just get a spinner that never ends. I believe it has to do with my graphics card. I was going to try to install Lilu and whatevergreen and see if that fixes the issue. However, I have searched and cannot figure out what to do with the Lilu release. I think I am supposed to compile it with xcode? I do have xcode and that is the end of my experience with it. If someone could please walk me through what to do with lilu I would be forever in your debt and give you all the internet cookies for life.

Thank you.

My specs:
iMac 14,2
Latest build of clover
z68x-ud3h-b3
intel core i5 2500k
16 GB corsair ram
Saphire Pulse rx 580 8 GB

I have the exact same issue. I solved it by enabling integrated graphics.
Same for me. Enable to integrated graphics even though you may be using an Nvidia or AMD graphics card for your monitors.

Hi, just got Mojave installed on my system and I cannot open jpgs with quick look or preview, just get a spinner that never ends. I believe it has to do with my graphics card. I was going to try to install Lilu and whatevergreen and see if that fixes the issue. However, I have searched and cannot figure out what to do with the Lilu release. I think I am supposed to compile it with xcode? I do have xcode and that is the end of my experience with it. If someone could please walk me through what to do with lilu I would be forever in your debt and give you all the internet cookies for life.

Thank you.

My specs:
iMac 14,2
Latest build of clover
z68x-ud3h-b3
intel core i5 2500k
16 GB corsair ram
Saphire Pulse rx 580 8 GB

Hi can I ask what guild / steps you used to install Mojave, thanks

Well it looks like enabling integrated graphics for me is a no go as hd3000 graphics are not supported in mojave. The kexts are gone. Look like the only way to use mojave for me is to find a way to get my rx 580 to render images in quick look and preview. Have not had a chance to see what else may not work. :banghead:

Hi can I ask what guild / steps you used to install Mojave, thanks

Is there a certain step you are stuck on? My biggest issue was that I did not update to the latest clover. Once I did the install went fine.

Hi, I'm experiencing the same issue. It seems that it is enough to activate the integrated GPU, for the motherboards which have one.
Mine does not have any (Asus P8P67 Pro Rev 3.1).

Is there a way to make the quick look work with Whatevergreen and Lilu ? For MB without iGPU and with a Nvidia GPU (GT 710 in my case) ?

Help is welcome :think:

Attachments

• Capture d’écran 2018-09-27 à 15.09.46.png
    Capture d’écran 2018-09-27 à 15.09.46.png
    140.9 KB · Views: 709
Well it looks like enabling integrated graphics for me is a no go as hd3000 graphics are not supported in mojave. The kexts are gone. Look like the only way to use mojave for me is to find a way to get my rx 580 to render images in quick look and preview. Have not had a chance to see what else may not work. :banghead:

Is there a certain step you are stuck on? My biggest issue was that I did not update to the latest clover. Once I did the install went fine.

replace your Sandy bridge CPU with Ivy Bridge CPU, IGPU HD4000, P4000 or HD2500 will works

Hey guys, exact same problem. I've heard SMBIOS 17,X and 18,X could fix that, but for me it's impossible to boot with those (black screen), so i'm stuck with 14,2 (don't think a mac pro smbios would do good considering my chipset and CPU).

I tried to enable the igpu in the bios, which led to a boot progress stuck at roughly 80%. Is there something to add to make this work ? The Igpu fonction doesn't need any tweaking of the .plist or any kext at all ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back