Contribute
Register

Updated to Lion.. two displays detected instead of one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Mountain Lion
CPU
Graphics
AMD HD 5670
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hello,
I was on 10.6.8, updated to 10.6.8 then to Lion successfully..
No problems, Audio, Ethernet and Graphics Card are working..

One thing though, when i go to Settings>>Displays it shows two displays instead of one! Although only one display is connected.. (DELL E197FP Display & VGA Display)

How can i fix this?
My Graphics Card is ATI Radeon HD 5670

ZaYoOoD said:
Hello,
I was on 10.6.8, updated to 10.6.8 then to Lion successfully..
No problems, Audio, Ethernet and Graphics Card are working..

One thing though, when i go to Settings>>Displays it shows two displays instead of one! Although only one display is connected.. (DELL E197FP Display & VGA Display)

How can i fix this?
My Graphics Card is ATI Radeon HD 5670
It shows 2 displays because 10.7 recognizes another port on your gfx card that 10.6.8 did not. Nothing to worry about unless it also shows a monitor type (ViewSonic VA2702w) along with the Dell and no monitor is connected :lol: . If no monitor then no info, just shows port.

Aha..
Ok then, i'll mirror the displays so the mouse does not bother me..
Does it affect the RAM or CPU though?

I have the same problem. I'm using a Sapphire HD5770 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E on a GA-Z68A-D3-B3 with an i7 2600. Lion working Ok but shows two displays (Syncmaster and VGA Display)on display preferences. My Monitor is connected on the DVI port. Tried connecting my TV on the HDMI port but does not show display. When I disconnect my monitor from the DVI port, the TV will show display. Cannot use both displays at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

My graphics card is a Sapphire as well..
What i did, is I put the screen on mirror mode, made both same resolution.. and forgot about it :)

Thanks for the advice. But still, I am hoping for a solution to this problem.I would prefer to use two displays.

I got the same problem. And mirroring the displays is not an option.

Any solutions?

Ze Colmeia said:
I got the same problem. And mirroring the displays is not an option.

Any solutions?

Same problem on Lion 10.7.2 with 5850.

The main display is the imaginary VGA monitor so I have to run in mirror mode but that means that my actual monitor (connected to DVI) which is capable of running at 1920x1200 is running at 1920x1080 and I am getting black strips on both ends.

Annoying bug. Is there any resolution?

same issue with 6870, load it up doesnt detect my other screen unless graphics enabler=no but then DVD player application doesnt work. i need the dvd player app and i want both screens working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back