Graphics
HD630
Classic Mac
  1. Classic
  2. LC
  3. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
The system profiler says I have only 3 MB of HD 3000 memory and my maximum screen resolution is 1024 x 768. It should be 1680 x 1024 or something like that. All I did after the update was run MultiBeast 6.1.0 dsdt-free to repair the audio. What can I do?

update: Just shutting down for a few minutes fixed it where restarting would not. Good for now!

Actually not good. Back to 1024 x 768 and 3 mb video now. Something appears to be wrong with the integrated HD3000 video. It is also taking twice as long for the OS to boot up as well.

Should I restore to my clone back-up drive and start over.?

update: I just booted from my cloned drive and all is well. I gotta learn how to use SuperDuper and TimeMachine better. I probably should not clone all my files with SD, only OS related files and let TM back-up the rest.

So now I just used SuperDuper to restore my entire boot drive from my clone. And I had to do the 4k block/boot0 repair on the restored boot drive!

Now I still need to upgrade Mavericks to 10.9.2. I'm just gonna try again with a fresh copy of the update.

This time I just let Software Update handle the operating system update and it went fine. All I had to do was use MultiBeast to fix the audio. So it only took me about five hours of work to update to 10.9.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back