Contribute
Register

Updated to 10.8.3, re-ran MultiBeast, now won't boot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Z77X-UD5H
CPU
i5-3570K
Graphics
HD4000
So,I updated to 10.8.3 from 10.8.2 (sorry to say, via the appstore rather than the combo), rebooted and it went back into ML just fine. Then I re-ran multibeast and rebooted, but it won't boot.

This is the stuff i get with verbose

hFp63Qh.jpg

Any help to get this going again would be gratefully received.

Shall I just do a reinstall or is it fixable?

Try a different boot-loader. I had a similar problem about 3 minutes ago. In the past, I've reloaded/rebuilt. This time, I booted USB via Unibeast, selected my already built partition and it came up fine. Then I reinstalled Chimera and am fully operational, once again.

That seems to have done the trick. Thanks a million.

I'm still running 10.8.2 and there is nothing special in the .3 that I need.
I'll stay like this for now. (to avoid problems)

It's difficult to touch a working system.
(Like I did, last week, when trying to get a FusionDrive. I messed all up, with an unidentified problem. And then, it took me 4 nights of reinstall, refixing, to get it back to normal)
I know the update are painless. (should be painless). But if you get on the unlucky side, it's few days of difficulties.

Then I reinstalled Chimera and am fully operational, once again.
It's not long that I am reading this forum. Less than a year.
I oftenly read about "Chimera". But it's strange for me, because I always talk about Unibeast or Multibeast. (which is Chimera)
Why do you use this name, instead of the "Multibeast" ?
Because Multibeast is the tool that include the Chimera bootloader?
But in fact, you are running MB, no?

Glad it worked for you, NoisyBoy.
i'll keep it in mind, when I update my OS. (.4 or .5, if something really new. :mrgreen:)

It's not long that I am reading this forum. Less than a year.
I oftenly read about "Chimera". But it's strange for me, because I always talk about Unibeast or Multibeast. (which is Chimera)
Why do you use this name, instead of the "Multibeast" ?
Because Multibeast is the tool that include the Chimera bootloader?
But in fact, you are running MB, no?

I am still very new to these scripts/programs and have a great deal to learn. Too often we load a program without understanding all the config changes that happen behind the scenes I am as guilty as anyone on this fact and am learning more and more every day. From my brief-experience, I do see that Chimera and MultiBeast are completely different packages designed to resolve different tasks. MultiBeast includes the bootloader Chimera 1.11.1. Chimera does not include the same (multiple) packages that MultiBeast offers when it installs.

Since my boot process was broken, I only ran Chimera 2.0.1 Running the full MultiBeast again may have broken something which I already had working.

I do hope that helps explain my reasoning and choice of syntax.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back