1. iMac
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Performa
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Well, here is a different story: I screwed up somehow. I updated with the Update Installer from 10.14.1, but after the second reboot, everything stops, and I get the attached message on the screen (see below). In other words, I don't even get to the Clover screen. What's even scarier is that I can't boot with a clean installer USB (to attempt a clean re-install of the whole system), the system still never reaches the Clover screen.

There is something I did that may be related: Following the guide I downloaded the latest apfs.efi (created 31/8/2-18) from apfs.efi-10.14.0.zip, copied it to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (as per the guide) and and to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/. In those two places there was NOT an earler version of apfs.efi - the earlier version was inside the drivers-Off folders (and I put the new one there too). After failing, I replaced the old file there and removed the new one from all folders (so that my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ is exactly the same as the one working flawlessly with 10.14.1).

It seems that I didn't need apfs.efi at all, since I had ApfsDriverLoader-64 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/page-14).

Really Complicated and scary, I know. I would not mind erasing the disks, recreating a Fusion drive and installing everything again. But I can't even get to the Clover screen...

Any ideas? Thanks.

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    549.2 KB · Views: 65
Well, here is a different story: I screwed up somehow. I updated with the Update Installer from 10.14.1, but after the second reboot, everything stops, and I get the attached message on the screen (see below). In other words, I don't even get to the Clover screen. What's even scarier is that I can't boot with a clean installer USB (to attempt a clean re-install of the whole system), the system still never reaches the Clover screen.

There is something I did that may be related: Following the guide I downloaded the latest apfs.efi (created 31/8/2-18) from apfs.efi-10.14.0.zip, copied it to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/ (as per the guide) and and to /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/drivers64/. In those two places there was NOT an earler version of apfs.efi - the earlier version was inside the drivers-Off folders (and I put the new one there too). After failing, I replaced the old file there and removed the new one from all folders (so that my /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ is exactly the same as the one working flawlessly with 10.14.1).

It seems that I didn't need apfs.efi at all, since I had ApfsDriverLoader-64 (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/how-to-update-current-and-past-apfs-efi-downloads.236103/page-14).

Really Complicated and scary, I know. I would not mind erasing the disks, recreating a Fusion drive and installing everything again. But I can't even get to the Clover screen...

Any ideas? Thanks.

Do you have a backed up drive? You might be able to physically remove the existing drive, replace it with the back up drive and start from there. You will need to get into the boot screen to specify the new drive for booting. Make sure the new drive has the EFI volume set up with clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back