Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Have you tested that the Bluetooth works?

Yes I have, just be sure to attach the USB cable, and enable a Bluetooth device in Windows first, then it works just fine with OS X.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Hi Stork.
Great build and update.

Question, yesterday my NZXT H2 arrived and I managed to get everything installed nicely. As you said plenty of light in the case and cable management is excellent. Now Coming to the 2 front fans and the Fan Controller. I have linked up the Molex connection (male and Female) from the PSU and the rear fan is controlled/working yet I can't seem to get the front pair to work.

I have connected them to the 2 extra connectors for the top and bottom fans and they work under the controller. Yet connected to the inside door quick release connections they don't seem to want to play at all.

Wondering if you can shed some light. Appreciate your time thank you.
Please give me your motherboard make/model. The GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Sys Fan connectors work directly with the fans; I don't use the fan controller.

Please give me your motherboard make/model. The GA-Z77X-UP5 TH Sys Fan connectors work directly with the fans; I don't use the fan controller.

My motherboard is the Gigabyte Z87X-OC. If I connect them to the motherboard directly they work but not from the fan controller. Although the rear fan works from it. At the moment I have them connected to the Extra connectors which works.

Thanks for your reply.

Yes I have, just be sure to attach the USB cable, and enable a Bluetooth device in Windows first, then it works just fine with OS X.

USB cable? Also, why should I enable a Bluetooth device in Windows?

USB cable? Also, why should I enable a Bluetooth device in Windows?

Yes, USB cable, check your manual. Windows activates the Bluetooth card.

bughyz,
Completed updating to Mountain Lion 10.8.4. The procedure is the following:
- Repaired Permissions (use Disk Utility or in the terminal with "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /");
- Used Carbon Copy Cloner to back up my disk;
- Downloaded the 10.8.4 Combo (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/354-os-x-10-8-4-update.html);
- Run the Combo;
- Don't reboot! Run MulitBeast selecting only
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC898​
- Reboot;
- Repair Permissions.​
I don't anticipate any problems, but I will update this post.

Update: completed the update as described above w/o any problems.

bughyz,
Completed updating to Mountain Lion 10.8.4. The procedure is the following:
- Repaired Permissions (use Disk Utility or in the terminal with "sudo diskutil repairpermissions /");
- Used Carbon Copy Cloner to back up my disk;
- Downloaded the 10.8.4 Combo (see http://www.tonymacx86.com/354-os-x-10-8-4-update.html);
- Run the Combo;
- Don't reboot! Run MulitBeast selecting only
Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC8xx > Without DSDT > ALC898​
- Reboot;
- Repair Permissions.​
I don't anticipate any problems, but I will update this post.

Update: completed the update as described above w/o any problems.

Thanks Stork! I just updated my build without any problems!

That's good to know. Does the bluetooth work in the BIOS ?
That is, with a bluetooth keyboard and mouse to change BIOS settings.

My wireless Apple keyboard does not allow me to enter in the BIOS (using Targus BT USB dongle). I have to get into the BIOS with either a USB wired keyboard or (main method) the Logitech K750 Solar Mac keyboard. The Logitech is immediately recognized by the BIOS (well designed, me thinks). Sometimes, the BT becomes active after I'm in the BIOS, but it's not dependable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back