Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

BIOS version F11 should work. I don't think you're problem is BIOS related.

Are you getting the error when you try to boot from the UniBeast USB thumb drive? If so, make sure you have the UniBeast USB thumb drive in a USB 2 port on the Rear Panel.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

I successfully erased and reformatted the SSD. Thanks for your help, Stork.

krazyhurricane29, I had this problem once before too. "WARNING: IOPlatformPluginUtil : getCPUIDInfo: this is an unknown CPU model 0x3a
-- power management may be incomplete or unsupported" will always show up and isn't a problem. I have the same motherboard as you and I had to unplug the wifi/bluetooth card (including the usb connector for it) on the first install. Then after multi beast and everything is configured, you can plug it back in. Just don't use the -f bootflag or you'll have to unplug it again. I got the bluetooth working from it but the wifi is still a no go.

As I say in my original post:
But, note that the Gigabyte WiFi/Bluetooth card will not work with Apple's OS X and may cause installation problems if you don't remove it.

After going through post installation, can I put the Wifi/Bluetooth Card in and expect it to work?

The Wifi/Bluetooth card that came with the UP5-TH does not work in OSX, period.

The Wifi/Bluetooth card that came with the UP5-TH does not work in OSX, period.

Your 50% correct, the Bluetooth does work, Wifi will not.

Hi Stork.
Great build and update.

Question, yesterday my NZXT H2 arrived and I managed to get everything installed nicely. As you said plenty of light in the case and cable management is excellent. Now Coming to the 2 front fans and the Fan Controller. I have linked up the Molex connection (male and Female) from the PSU and the rear fan is controlled/working yet I can't seem to get the front pair to work.

I have connected them to the 2 extra connectors for the top and bottom fans and they work under the controller. Yet connected to the inside door quick release connections they don't seem to want to play at all.

Wondering if you can shed some light. Appreciate your time thank you.

Hi Stork,

Got the minidisplay port - dvi adaptor and the display is just fine thank you again for your advice.

I have an inquiry about setting up a raid. Would you advise setting it via the bios or through disk utility? I've read that setting up a raid via the bios would use less os x resources and the read and writes speed would be faster.

Thanks again for your guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back