Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Yes, my build specs are as follows.
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
GIGABYTE GV-N650OC-1GI GeForce GTX 650 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Yes, my build specs are as follows.
Intel Core i5-3570K Ivy Bridge 3.4GHz
GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UP5 TH
GIGABYTE GV-N650OC-1GI GeForce GTX 650 1GB 128-bit GDDR5
CORSAIR Vengeance 16GB (4 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM

should be given more detail on your smbios,
what option you has selected in MultiBeast
bios setting .........

Normally everything should work if you do the settings and option post # 1

there are just better things if you want to sleep, and pstats .....

BTW, for those of you who are into the non default System Definitions, I'm getting the following P States with my MacPro3,1 SysDef: 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 38

it depends on the processor with my i7 3770 with MacPro 3.1 that I x16, x39

there is def the MacMini 6.2 which gives me more pstat for me

unfortunately with 10.8.3 and Mac Mini you have to start on the GFX hd 4000 and thereafter pass on the Nvidia video card if you want to see the bios and boot screen

I don't know. I use OS X all the time. I have Windoze 7 on another HDD just in case I need it for something, and, therefore, don't need virtualization. Chimera lets me boot into any operating system including Windoze.

If you are interested, there are several dual/multi-booting guides on the Forum. I'd start by looking at Going Bald's Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/snow-leop...multibooting-novice-updated-3-12-see-log.html

Stork, can I run parelles with Windows 7 on this build?
I've used Parallels / Windows 7 on my hack and it runs without any problems.
You just have to enable Intel Virtualization Technology in bios

4.jpg

But be aware that it will use a lot off space on your HD
(aprox.25 GB as far as i remember)

Starting with MultiBeast v5.3.0, there is a new USB 3.0 – Universal kext which replaces the other USB 3 kexts choices in the previous versions of MultiBeast (CalDigit & LaCie). See Page 6 of the MultiBeast v5.3 Features document which comes with MultiBeast v5.3.

I never used one of the previous USB 3 kexts because I don't have a USB 3 external device, yet. However, I wanted to use my USB 3 ports with my USB 2 thumb drives. The new "USB 3.0 – Universal" kext allows that for me, and I've tested each USB port on Thunderball's front & real panel to my satisfaction.

To use the new"USB 3.0 – Universal" kext, just run MultiBeast v5.3, selecting only the "USB 3.0 – Universal" as shown below if you have not used either the CalDigit or LaCie kexts.

53872-multibeast-v5-3-generic-usb.png

Note: if you are using either the CalDigit or LaCie USB 3rd party extensions kexts then you must remove the before using the "USB 3.0 – Universal" extension:

CalDigit: CalDigitFastIO.kext and CalDigitUSBxHCI.kext in /System/Library/Extensions.

LaCie: PXHCD.kext in /System /Library/Extensions/.

Note 2: MultiBeast v5.3.0 has the updated Chimera v2.01. While there is a separate Chimera installer in the Downloads section, you can update your older version of Chimera to the newer one at the same time you're updating USB 3 kexts.

Last edited by a moderator:

hello all, I have to map succeeds 100% functional with the I7 3770

1) xHCI deactivated in bios (all USB 3.0 ports passes USB 2.0)
2) to a USB 3.0 PCIE 1x card of well recognized third party
(This adjusts the problem of sleep that makes the computer turns back on a few seconds after the application of standby)

I7 3770 with the only way to have several pstat and put the definition MacMini 6.2

but with 10.8.3 when you have a single screen we have to start on the HD4000 GFX card if not it crashes at startup with error kext intel

the solution I found for 10.8.3 (10.8.2 DOES NOT THE PROBLEM)

get the Intel HD kexts of 10.8.2 and put in place of those in the 10.8.3

With all that I have several PSTAT 16,21,28,37,39
(SSDT http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...e-ivy-bridge-cpu-gpu-power-management-45.html )
I can HD4000 enabled in the bios is having AIR PLAY
Standby works perfectly
I can start on Nvidia GPU in the bios without crashing on startup 10.8.3
VT-d enabled in bios setting
<key>Kernel Flags</ key>
<string>dart=0</ string>
View attachment Sans titre.tiff

Re-install, following my installation for HD4000 in the 1st post - both BIOS setup and use the same MultiBeast configuration. Use the "UserDSDT or DSDT-Free Installation" defaults, like I did. (See page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document for a list of the defaults). Don't - I repeat - don't change the default System Definition (MacPro3,1) for now. Let's get your installation working before you start customizing.

Report back after you've re-installed Mountain Lion.

Running i7-3770 k + GA Z77X-UP5-TH + EVGA GTX 670

Does a re-install always mean the wiping of the original drive - I stupidly updated while in a rush and now my boot up gets stuck at this weird Bluetooth error in verbos + graphicsenabler=no:

[IOBluetoothHCIController][start] -- completed
NFTS driver 3.10 [Flags: R/w]

if i remove my harddrive and place in in an enclosure can I recover my precious data by plugging it into a macbook - video files and FCP files to be exact

??????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back