Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Hello again :)
I just wanted to let u know .. I fixed my issues. My PCIex slot was working on x2 and that was the problem.. Now everything works perfect.

Congratulations!!

can you post same screenshots about the performance you get?

Thanks in advance!

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Thank u!!!
I posted sreenshots from NovaBench and Luxmark and from Heaven on 1680x1050 Ultra settings i get ~20-25fps

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 5.42.05 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 5.42.05 PM.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 230
  • Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 5.51.06 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-04-09 at 5.51.06 PM.png
    35.3 KB · Views: 234

Close enough to my LuxMark of 361. Figures crossed for better support in 10.8.4 which I hope won't take three months to come out like it took 10.8.3. :thumbup:

I reinstalled the OS on my machine the other day, and after remembering that i had to tweak my org.chameleon.plist file in order to support the HD4000 on my CPU all of my stability issues seem to be gone.
Benchmarks below:

View attachment 52838View attachment 52839

Wealth of info here. I am about build a system with this board. Two questions:

1) Are you still using SMBIOS "MacPro 3.1" , Stork? This discussion about power management und multi-monitors being tied to the SMBIOS has me a bit confused.

2) I assume the "supplemental update (macbook pro/air)" is no longer a necessary step when installing 10.8.3 directly.

Thanks.

Wealth of info here. I am about build a system with this board. Two questions:

1) Are you still using SMBIOS "MacPro 3.1" , Stork? This discussion about power management und multi-monitors being tied to the SMBIOS has me a bit confused.
Get your system installed and working using the "User DSDT or DSDT-Free Installtion" MultiBeast option (see page 3 of the MultiBeast Features document which comes with MultiBeast). The default System Definition of MacPro3,1 will work in the majority of systems, even if you want to drive multiple monitors. Then, read some of the links to see if you really want to use another SysDef. I chose not to use other SysDefs. I've been using MacPro3,1 since the very beginning, and I'm a happy camper. :thumbup:

2) I assume the "supplemental update (macbook pro/air)" is no longer a necessary step when installing 10.8.3 directly.
Correct. If you're starting with a fresh installation, then just use the UniBeast Installation Guide because the current Apple Mac App Store's Install Mountain Lion is 10.8.3. :thumbup:

I've updated my original post BIOS setup to add the following:
XHCI Pre-Boot Driver = Enabled
XHCI Mode =Smart Auto
Internal CPU PLL Over-voltage = Disable​
This allows sleep/wake-up to operate properly, and USB ports to act correctly after wake-up. I've tested manual sleep/wake-up, and wake-up works fine with my Apple BT keyboard, TrackPad and Mighty Mouse coming on-board in 10-15 seconds. Note: I have my Targus BT USB dongle inserted into my IOGear KVM switch. So, your wake-up may be quicker if your BT device is attached directly to your case.

Thanks to arehep who post the above here.

Update. Sleep/wake-up works with XHCI = Auto on my system.

hello me standby nothing worked

but I just solve the problem by disabling the xHCI completely and therefore USB3
Now it works perfectly

Hi.
I recently built a Hackintosh similar to Stork's Thunderbolt Build, the only difference being I used a Gigabyte Geforce GTX 650. I have full functionality except for a few issues.
1. iTunes video
All video in iTunes, both HD and SD, does not play. I've tried opening it with several different applications, updated my flash player, and am running iTunes in 32bit mode. Video downloaded from non-iTunes sources plays fine.
2. Seemingly random kernel panics
Randomly during regular use, I get kernel panics. This happens rather infrequently, but has caused me to lose unsaved data on several occasions
3. Face Time
I suspect this might be related to the video issue. When I open face time, options appear in the menu bar, but no window appears.
4. USB
Some USB devices don't show up. For example, my mouse, speakers, and keyboard work fine, but my webcam, iPhone, and printer are not recognized.

Has anyone else had these issues? Any help or ideas would be much appreciated. I'm still fairly new to Hackintosh, and I have no idea what is wrong.

hello Itune I think it's normal
me too it has never worked on this mainboard
I think it is having two video card that causes the problem

the other thing should run without any problem

you have a Z77X-UP5 TH??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back