Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Just wanted to report in to say I'm running firewire and 2 displays off of the GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

Here's how:

Main monitor connected to DVI on the board
Firewire audio interface to thunderbolt adapter to 1st (left) thunderbolt port on board
Second monitor running VGA to a mini display port adapter plugged into the 2nd thunderbolt port on board (right thunderbolt port on the motherboard)

I also have a DVI to minidisplay adapter but I dont have an extra DVI cable to see if that would also work which Im sure would.

For music which is what my build is for this is fantastic!

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Excellent! Let BoomR know, too, in his Golden Build thread. He's a profession audio engineer.

hello Stork standby fonctione it is on your computer?

Gerard71,
Yes, both manual (you put it to sleep) and scheduled. Wake up takes 5-10 seconds, but that's not too bad. :thumbup:

Gerard71,
Yes, both manual (you put it to sleep) and scheduled. Wake up takes 5-10 seconds, but that's not too bad. :thumbup:

I can not seem to put it to sleep it off
is this awakening itself after 2 seconds ........

Updated to Mountain Lion 10.8.3 today. Used the Combo update which you have to download separately. I never use the Software Update function from the App Store. Old habit I got from way back to the first OS X system updates. Here's my procedure:
  • Backup your system with either Time Machine, Carbon Copy Cloner or SuperDuper;
  • Download the 10.8.3 Combo Update -> OS X 10.8.3 Update
  • Repair Permissions (Disk Utility);
  • Run the Combo Update, but don't restart;
  • Run MultiBeast to reload the audio kext;
    49557-multibeast-5-2-1-update-10-8-3-combo-update.png
  • Reboot; and
  • Once back onto the desktop, rerun Disk Utilities' Repair Permissions.
That's it! :thumbup:

Now for the bad news. Both graphics benchmark programs, LexMark v2 (OpenCL) and Unigine's Heaven v4, have lower scores. Heaven's score is about 260 points lower. We now know why. See OS X 10.8.3 and NVIDIA 6xx OpenCL Benchmarks for the explanation.

Last edited by a moderator:

hi stork,

what bootloader are you running? are you still on chameleon 1.11?

i never updated to chameleon 2.0. maybe 2.0 would help with graphics speed?

thanks
b9

balaclava9,
I updated Chimera to the latest version (v2.01) so that I could have iMessages connectivity.

I haven't notice a graphics card performance hit. I believe the LuxMark & Unigine Heaven benchmark programs are not "tuned" correctly for some of the nVidia 600 cards because I get weird numbers when running the programs in 10.8.3 vs. 10.8.2. So, I'll let the dust settle before I get worried.

However, all my graphic intensive programs are working as they should. (I don't game; I'd rather play my guitars.) So, in this case, I subscribe to the "if it ain't broken, don't fix it" philosophy. :thumbup:

The EVGA GTX 650 Ti graphics card I use is now available with a $20 mail in rebate bring the cost down to $120 USD. See my post in the Deal-of-the-Day Bargain.

hello we are looking for a solution to many a problem for the Z77X-UP5 TH and macmini smbios 6.2

the problems is that in 10.8.2 with a GT640 graphics card, even if the graphics card HD4000 graphics card as the second was while working

with update 10.8.3
must be HD4000 graphics card in bios as stated in the first video card and graphics card GT640 card in the second

if the computer crashes at startup

if you disable the HD4000 and you put the GT640, it works but Youtube video no longer works

if you put in the bios HD4000 graphics card as the first card was more display page bios or the chimera boot screen, there is a display only after the computer has finished booting
if anyone has a solution thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back