Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Hey there Stork, I saw that you have built in bluetooth on the MB, but you use a targus bluetooth dongle. Does the onboard bluetooth not work? I've been checking out this board, and I might get it for my build.

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 650 Ti | Mountain Lion

Awesome Build Stork!

I followed your guide as a reference and I am trying to put together a i7-3770k + GA z77x-UP5 TH + Nvidia 670 + 32 GB vengeance memory.

SO far I have everything working correctly however, when I try to install and run Unibeast through verbos (-v) it freezes on this screen

View attachment 32492

Every other bootflag command causes a gray box to pop up (OS X prompt) to restart the computer... :banghead:

Any suggestions?

I have tried your settings and ALfa's from his thorough guide but I can get any further. Anyone have any suggestions of what I am missing?

What monitor are you using during install. Some issues that I have had in the past was trying to install using a monitor with higher than 1080 resolution.

Hey there Stork, I saw that you have built in bluetooth on the MB, but you use a targus bluetooth dongle. Does the onboard bluetooth not work? I've been checking out this board, and I might get it for my build.
The WiFi and Bluetooth are on a single PCI-e card. http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/306/images/wifi.html Since the WiFi is not compatible with Mac OS X, I chose not to install it. However, I did remember reading that the BT is compatible with Mountain Lion which supports BT 4.0 unlike Snow Leopard and Lion.

What monitor are you using during install. Some issues that I have had in the past was trying to install using a monitor with higher than 1080 resolution.
I use a HP ZR24W with Thunderball. I use the DVI connections.

The WiFi and Bluetooth are on a single PCI-e card. http://www.gigabyte.com/microsite/306/images/wifi.html Since the WiFi is not compatible with Mac OS X, I chose not to install it. However, I did remember reading that the BT is compatible with Mountain Lion which supports BT 4.0 unlike Snow Leopard and Lion.

Ahhh, makes sense. Okay, thanks!

We built three machines very similar to the OP (went with i7s and 660ti). Got them all up and running just fine, but they freeze up about 3-4 times a day. Screen locks up except the mouse. I think the machine might still be working, but all I see is a frozen screen. It seems to happen when accessing finder or switching apps. Doesn't seem to freeze up when we stay in a particular app for an extended period of time. We did notice when we built the machines that our PSU is slightly underpowered for the 660Ti's we put in, though only by a few watts, so I don't think that's the problem.

Any advise?

I have Apollo on the way...I will try to install hackintosh and try to make it work with apollo on my machine....

jaysedai,
I'd use one of those PSU calculators (bunch on the 'Net) like the one at Newegg just to rule out the PSUs. What is the make/model # and wattage of your three PSUs? What's the configuration?

BTW, Slugnet's Golden Build has a good setup description for the 660 Ti: http://www.tonymacx86.com/golden-bu...d5h-i7-3770k-gigabyte-geforce-gtx-660-ti.html My build description won't be a good setup for following with a GTX 660 Ti card.

fukintosh,
Can you guys take your Apollo card discussion over to the Graphics forum section: http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/ This thread is for questions about my build description, and I don't use the Apollo card. TIA.

Hi all,

I've just finished setting up my new rig:
i7-3770 | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | HD4000 (only) | mobo BIOS F11
other relevant hw: a boot SSD, Apple USB keyboard, Apple Magic Trackpad, Jabra BT dongle.

I've installed ML 10.8.2 as per this guide and used MB 5.2.1. I've also injected the org.chameleon.Boot.plist and GraphicsEnabler is set to No. Then below the GraphicsEnabler line copy and I past the text from the text file . I've used the iMac 12,2 def.

I must say that everything is working great so Kudos to Stork,for this guide. :)

But I have just 3 weird behaviours:

1) the build sleeps manually and automatically just fine. But when I wake it up the USB keyboard doesn't work, and I have to manually disconnect it and reconnect it. While the trackpad, or Magic mouse, both work just fine out of the sleep. Any hints? Do I have to buy a wireless keyboard?:thumbdown:
2) BT dongles: the Jabra A320 pairs just fine with trackpad or magicmouse as well. While the other bt adapter I bought, the Targus asks me to pair it with a keyboard (which I don't own) and it seems not to pair with either the trackpad or the mouse. Why?Do I have to use two separate dongles? :?:
3) Air Play: here it's a very strange stuff: if my ATV2 is on with AirPlay option on, the sound of my rig goes directly to my TV, just the sound without video and there is no way to redirect it. In the AirPlaymenu, the "off" option is disabled and only "Apple TV" is on. I cannot have my audio back till I set the ATV2 on sleep or off!!!

Another minor annoyance is that the Pstates are only two: 16x and 34x, no other Pstates but why? How can we change this?

Thanks you!

...But I have just 3 weird behaviors:

1) the build sleeps manually and automatically just fine. But when I wake it up the USB keyboard doesn't work, and I have to manually disconnect it and reconnect it. While the trackpad, or Magic mouse, both work just fine out of the sleep. Any hints? Do I have to buy a wireless keyboard?:thumbdown:
2) BT dongles: the Jabra A320 pairs just fine with trackpad or magic mouse as well. While the other bt adapter I bought, the Targus asks me to pair it with a keyboard (which I don't own) and it seems not to pair with either the trackpad or the mouse. Why?Do I have to use two separate dongles? :?:
3) Air Play: here it's a very strange stuff: if my ATV2 is on with AirPlay option on, the sound of my rig goes directly to my TV, just the sound without video and there is no way to redirect it. In the AirPlaymenu, the "off" option is disabled and only "Apple TV" is on. I cannot have my audio back till I set the ATV2 on sleep or off!!!

Another minor annoyance is that the Pstates are only two: 16x and 34x, no other Pstates but why? How can we change this?
I'm away visiting family for the holidays. I'll test your concerns upon returning. However, here's what I remember:

1. I don't remember having that problem because I only use my old Apple USB KB/Mouse when I initially setup the sysetem and installed Mountain Lion. I use a Logitech K750 Solar KB with the Logitech Unifying receiver and, with the Targus BT, a Magic Mouse, Apple wireless KB and Tackpad. BT is plugged into the KVM switch USB hub and the Logitech Unifying receiver is plugged in to the monitor USB hub. All wireless input devices work as they should. So, I'll have to try my USB KB/mouse when I return.

2. Is your model of the Targus the same as mine - ACB10US? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002K6RK0/

3. Didn't notice the computer sounds when I tested Airplay. I'll test it when I return. Recommend you check out the Forum's Audio forum section for any solutions. If you don't see any there, post your problem in a new thread. :thumbup:

The P-State with two states may not be a problem. I recommend you use the Forum search capability to see what you can find and/or Post your question in the General Help Forum section.

I'm away visiting family for the holidays. I'll test your concerns upon returning. However, here's what I remember:

Any way thank you for your prompt reply. :)
1. I don't remember having that problem because I only use my old Apple USB KB/Mouse when I initially setup the sysetem and installed Mountain Lion. I use a Logitech K750 Solar KB with the Logitech Unifying receiver and, with the Targus BT, a Magic Mouse, Apple wireless KB and Tackpad. BT is plugged into the KVM switch USB hub and the Logitech Unifying receiver is plugged in to the monitor USB hub. All wireless input devices work as they should. So, I'll have to try my USB KB/mouse when I return..

OK but then do I need one different BT dongle for every bt input device I have? If this is the case, the behaviour of Bluetooth pairing is quite correct. As soon I put on the Targus it looks for a wireless keyboard, which I don't own. When I put on the Jabra, it connects and pairs with Apple Magic Mouse and Trackpad (one at once!).

If I can solve the USB keyboard's wake-up problem by buying a wireless one, then I'll do it!

2. Is your model of the Targus the same as mine - ACB10US? http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002K6RK0/

yes, it is.

3. Didn't notice the computer sounds when I tested Airplay. I'll test it when I return. Recommend you check out the Forum's Audio forum section for any solutions. If you don't see any there, post your problem in a new thread. :thumbup:

The P-State with two states may not be a problem. I recommend you use the Forum search capability to see what you can find and/or Post your question in the General Help Forum section.
ok... I'll wait for you to test AirPlay, but can we suppose that this is related to the injected code for having HD4000 to work properly?:?: I agree with you that the P-states is minor thing but do you remember to have only two states as me? I used the iMac 12,2 def. Tried also the 13,1 but it just shuts down much slower with no other evident difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back