Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
cant find it, can you provide a link to the site, where it says, that Lilu.kext should be first?

Kext-order.jpg

:)

Being a long term Newbie (3 machines in 10 years) I understand if I find something potentially good.. I should share. I have like many others had issues trying to get Audio to work fine on this build with Mojave. In my last rebuild of a machine to bring it up to Mojave I found a strange repeatable scenario. One in which I had full audio choices (working) before using Clover Configurator, and No audio after using it. Since I had been saving copies as I went.. when I reversed the config file back to the older one the Audio came back.

I have the 2 config files to share, so that hopefully one of the many smarter people (than I) can learn something from them. Screen shots of the working audio Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.08.58 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.07.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-20 at 3.07.14 PM.png

GA-Z77X-UD5H v1.1 f14
GTX 760
32gb Ram
Crucial 1Tb SSD
OSX 10.14.6

Multibeast 13.3
Clover 5102
Clover Configurator 5.21.0.0

For now since the machine does not need to talk to the real world, I am going to run with the pre configurator Config.

thanks, Jon

The EFI folder does not have a config in it.. With the one Config file - Sound with the other config file NO sound..

Attachments

• Configs.zip
    2.9 KB · Views: 59
  • EFI with sound.zip
    20.6 MB · Views: 74
Last edited:
Can I use Clover 4961 and try/test Stork's Mojave install steps (either install over Mojave or clean install)? I just notice the Unibeast uses Clover 5xxx and that maybe the folder structure has changed in 5 so I want to stay on 4961.

Just had to rejoin, old account wasn't found so currently I'm having trouble updating my build signature in my profile.

i3770K
Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH
Nvidia GT 640

Thank you.

Sorry, meant to say I want to try/test a Catalina install with Clover 4961.

Okay testing a Catalina update from Mojave using Stork’s guides, other users posts, and Clover. Thanks for all the information on this site, not sure if I’ll go to Big Sur. It’s working though.

Quick Summary:
Install over Mojave (Clover 493x was my current bootloader)
Updated to Clover 4961
Verified Clone backup plan:
Carbon Copy Cloner
-Test boot to Clone, quick run of some apps
-Did not use Stork’s copy EFI steps
Unibeast install Catalina over existing Mojave (used 3.0 USB port)
Followed all reboots
Didn’t always select a boot option, like Preboot from Mac OS Installer
Several reboots…
Finally get to desktop and get Security Update
Followed all reboots again
Didn’t always select Preboot from Mac OS Installer :(
Catalina - Data bootloader eventually created and also not pre-selected
Finally done and Clover remembered Catalina option for boot
Ran for a while
Sleep Okay
Multibeast according to Stork’s Mojave update
Clover updated to 5119

Configure USB ports: (never did this for Mojave may not have got this right)
Followed mini tutorial from Stork
Only get 14 ports in Hackintool
Copied USBPorts.kext first
Tried procedure again
Copied SSDT-UIAC.ami

Sleep seems to work so far in general. I have an issue where Logic will drop the midi connection on sleep and I have to reboot this application. This also happened in Mojave so not a big deal.

Also, I seem to get extra, remnant boot loaders named ‘OS X’ in the bios. I read where you can use cfg command to remove. Not sure if this is needed though.I removed them, maybe generated from OS X updates?

Catalina seems to run like Mojave, might consider a clean install even or learn more about Open Core.

Big Sur is working perfect on Gigabyte Z77X-UP5TH, with NVMe boot and OpenCore (but only iGPU, no Nvidia card except GT 710). To get NVMe support look for the hacked BIOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back