Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my friends,

Can anyone share a EFI created with OC for our Z77X-UP5-TH compatible with Mojave?
I created one, but don´t work the sleep and shutdown.
I'm just in the process of confirming a Clover to Opencore ("OC") 0.6.7 Mojave migration. So far so good and shutdown certainly works without issues. Boot times are also much faster.

Whilst if you still have issues I'll depopulate the OC config.plist of my personal serial and other associated data but if you've made a Big Sur OC build then you should be able to ascertain how to accomplish.

Ensure you take into account kexts from any previous Clover builds which I failed to do. See Clover to Opencore: Clean ~Library/Extensions

Also in process of starting a Catalina test disk. So I should be able to guide anyone with Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur Clover to Opencore migrations. My days using Clover are certainly over.

Westy

EDIT - Catalina up and running. So far no issues including sleep. As family is coming over for Easter meals I'll be out for the rest of the day.

Notwithstanding I now a Mojave, Catalina, and Big Sur running on latest Opencore Debug. All updated to latest update.

Feel free to drop any questions here and I'll see where I can guide you.

Last edited:
Well have come across the first issue ... despite not changing SMBIOS for Catalina my USB port mapping kext and AML file generated in Mojave isn’t working. Don’t know why. :cry:

@Stork having done my recent Opencore rebuilds using the Dortania guide I decided to continue with that method for USB mapping. Below is a screen shot

1617528165586.png

Please disregard my nicknames as what became apparent with testing is that the ports aren't individual ports but USB 2 & 3 hubs. When you quit it keeps the devices you used to test shown.
1617528853758.png

This has me very confused ... I'm going to repeat the process tomorrow as I just feel it can't be correct.

Last edited:
Hi Stork and friends,

I tried to map the USB ports.

Attached is the registration of the USB ports through IOReg.

I wonder if everything is right.

I currently run macOS 10.14.6. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is Sleep.

i7 3770k
Z77x-Up5-Th
RX 580

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2021-04-20 às 19.03.52.png
    Captura de Tela 2021-04-20 às 19.03.52.png
    216.5 KB · Views: 68
Hi Stork and friends,

I tried to map the USB ports.

Attached is the registration of the USB ports through IOReg.

I wonder if everything is right.

I currently run macOS 10.14.6. The only thing that doesn't seem to work is Sleep.

i7 3770k
Z77x-Up5-Th
RX 580
Best to place this question in the USB kext thread.

@Westsurf and @Mgaspar1,

If you used my method in the OP, your USB port limit should work.

I don't know why your sleep/wake-up doesn't work, Mgaspar1.

I apologize for not providing much help as I'm snowbirding right now, and Thunderball isn't with me.

@Stork
I'm running Mojave on Thunderball which works quiet well.
I tried to install Mojave, but so far I couldn't even get the installer running.
Do you have a Mojave OC Efi or config.plist. that works on the ASUS Proart Creator?
Would you mind sharing it?
Any Toughts on what I am doing wrong? i attach my config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    49.2 KB · Views: 59
Any Toughts on what I am doing wrong?

Kext order is important, Lilu.kext should be first.
See the OpenCore guide for more information.

Screenshot 2021-12-18 at 09.23.56.png

Where exactly in the Opencore guide does it say that??
it is mentioned on each page of the guides of the various chipsets

although it probably doesn't matter too much in regards to FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Intel_I225-V.kext, but best to have them under Lilu kext to save from any other possible issues

Last edited:
Where exactly in the Opencore guide does it say that??
If you follow the instructions in the guide then ProperTree will set up your kexts in the correct order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back