Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you see my Hackintool procedures in Post #1?
Yes... I did. Although I am a little confused with the procedure. How do you mount the EFI partition? It does not show up in disc utility. I am able to get it to mount via clover configurator.
I can close the configurator and the EFI disc remains mounted and is visible on the desktop.
I can then open Hackintool and unlock it for changes, I click on the boot loader menu and there are no highlighted DSDT patches suggested. OK... I see that I have to select the changes.... OK.

As to removing the 15 port unlimited patches from the /EFI/CLOVER/config.plist file. , I do not understand how to do that. I am currently looking around on how to do that.

As to if I have ever modified my EFI/Clover/config.plist , No. I have not changed anything or run any apps that would change it. It is as it has been since It was first installed ........

I did follow the instructions provided making the following selections on Multibeast:
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
Drivers > Audio > AppleALC
(Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
(Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e <--- Use the latest version
Drivers > USB > 7/8/9 Series USB Support
Drivers > USB > USBInjectAll
Drivers > USB > Remove XHCI USB Port Limit <--- Adds patch to remove XHCI USB Port Limit

That is where I am at currently.....
as to the level of understanding.... been out of the loop for about 5 years .... IMHO not a total idiot. But that's just an opinion....
I will attach the config.plist

Attachments

• config.plist
    5 KB · Views: 76
@zanthros, I looked at your config.plist. It doesn't have the Port limit patches in it. I don't think you using the config.plist that MultiBeast created.

So would it do any good to use multbeast again and re-install the selections that were listed in the build info as above and as on the first page of the instructions of the build?
If not then where to go from here?
And what in the xxxx did I do to get it working and it still be so messed up? Go figure...

What is the exact path to the correct plist? as I have above? EFI/Clover/config.plist ?

Well now, Ain't that a hoot! I figured it out and not only got the all of my USB ports working, but I got the Fenvi HB1200 working as well! Just had to go back and retrace my steps. Apparently I never installed MultiBeast. OOPS!

@Stork ... Thank you for your guidance and patience. Looking forward to getting this one tweaked a little bit and perhaps putting the OS on an NVMe drive. Just gotta do a lot more reading up on it and getting schooled on the current thing that make it all tick. Got some catching up to do.

Thanks Again!!!!!:)

@Stork
Hey there been a while. I am wondering if you or anyone else using this build has installed the latest security updates? I am staying with Mojave for the time being. It runs great and I was able to iron out all the kinks with this board. Alas I keep being asked to do a “Security update” and am wondering if I have anything to be concerned about before doing so.
Thank you in advanced.

@Stork
Hey there been a while. I am wondering if you or anyone else using this build has installed the latest security updates? I am staying with Mojave for the time being. It runs great and I was able to iron out all the kinks with this board. Alas I keep being asked to do a “Security update” and am wondering if I have anything to be concerned about before doing so.
Thank you in advanced.
You should be OK. (I'm not at Thunderball's location. Virus has me hunkering down at family location which we stopped to visit on the way North from snowbirding in Florida.) Update your kexts and Clover before you update, and you should be OK.

Just asked the same question a few moments ago in the updates section.
@Stork, Hope you enjoyed your stay here in FloriDuh snow-birding. We are gonna be the next Coronavirus hot spot. Hope you stay safe, well and happy trails!

You should be OK. (I'm not at Thunderball's location. Virus has me hunkering down at family location which we stopped to visit on the way North from snowbirding in Florida.)
I hope you are back on your feet quickly! Get well soon @Stork !

I hope you are back on your feet quickly! Get well soon @Stork !
We're OK. No virus...yet. My daughter convinced us to play it safe. We've only been out a coupe of times since the beginning of March to walk around her house and walk up and down the block. We've been using Clorox wipes on everything that enters the house. So, we'll be here for several months to come until the all clear orders are given to travel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back