Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've a problem, after a while, my GC is memory full...
Fans are working a lot, many times...
I don't understand what's going wrong with this card...
Can you help me ?

View attachment 440331
Could you explain further please? I don't see the issue at this time. Thank you.

Hello to Stork and everyone else following this thread. I am still having issues getting both my iGPU and dGPUs to work on my Z77X-UP5-TH board. This is the reason for me buying and building this machine. I was able to get Hardware Acceleration on my 5,1 Mac Pro but would still like to use my Hackintosh over that PC. Anyone have any ideas or clues as to how they got HD4000 working with a dGPU on their computer? Thank you in advanced.

Hello to Stork and everyone else following this thread. I am still having issues getting both my iGPU and dGPUs to work on my Z77X-UP5-TH board. This is the reason for me buying and building this machine. I was able to get Hardware Acceleration on my 5,1 Mac Pro but would still like to use my Hackintosh over that PC. Anyone have any ideas or clues as to how they got HD4000 working with a dGPU on their computer? Thank you in advanced.
It depends on what you plan on doing with your system. Graphics acceleration (i.e. GUI) is easy to achieve but if you plan on using your system for encoding video (in H.264 or HEVC format) then it is different matter.
Mac OS Mojave and Catalina now supports basic GUI acceleration with AMD 5xx dGPU's.

I use my system for video encoding. For that purpose, I DISABLE the HD4000 IGPU in BIOS and use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 model ID for my i7-3770k and Z77x-UP5-TH. Latest Catalina 10.15.2 recently BROKE H/W encoding done by AMD 5xx dGPU.

Post your Clover EFI folder (without the Themes folders) and a copy of your IOREG file (generated by IORegistryExplorer App R2.1) and maybe we can help you.

It depends on what you plan on doing with your system. Graphics acceleration (i.e. GUI) is easy to achieve but if you plan on using your system for encoding video (in H.264 or HEVC format) then it is different matter.
Mac OS Mojave and Catalina now supports basic GUI acceleration with AMD 5xx dGPU's.

I use my system for video encoding. For that purpose, I DISABLE the HD4000 IGPU in BIOS and use SMBIOS iMacPro1,1 model ID for my i7-3770k and Z77x-UP5-TH. Latest Catalina 10.15.2 recently BROKE H/W encoding done by AMD 5xx dGPU.

Post your Clover EFI folder (without the Themes folders) and a copy of your IOREG file (generated by IORegistryExplorer App R2.1) and maybe we can help you.
Fair enough. I will fire this rig up and post this info.
Also the points you are making are why I am shocked. I did something similar on my 5,1 Mac Pro, and my editing experience went thru the roof. Thank you in advanced.

Stork, Thank you for all the work you have done for us. I have just wiped and installed per post 1 and have some questions and a comment.

First. A few steps from the bottom
Hackintool will place three files on your Desktop: SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext. You only need to use either the SSDT or the kext

The third file not mentioned is SSDT-EC.aml. Should I place both of the .aml files in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder or just one? which one?

Secondly, post 1 states near the end
Use IORegister to confirm your successful limit to 15 or under USB assignments

What do I look for in IORegister? Its not clear.

And a comment. I was unsuccessful at first and I think it was because the UniBeast USB thumb drive should be formatted as GUID and not MBR. If this is required its not mentioned in the post anywhere that I noticed and Disk utility hides the GUID / MBR choice by default. The GUID format option might also be need to format the Mojave Disk. After formatting GUID my install succeeded.

Thank you for this build which I have been using since Mavericks.

The third file not mentioned is SSDT-EC.aml. Should I place both of the .aml files in the CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder or just one? which one?
Definitely the SSDT-UIAC.aml I mention should go in the ...CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder. However, I don't think I used the SSDT-EC.aml or I would have posted so...I'm not at Thunderball's location so I can't check for sure.

Secondly, Post 1 states near the end
Use IORegister to confirm your successful limit to 15 or under USB assignments
What do I look for in IORegister? Its not clear.
I assumed you are familar with the IORegister's output. (There's a thread on IORegister, but I can't find it now.) Hackintool will confirm your USB count number, too. Just remember USB 2 counts for one USB port while USB 3 count for 2 USB ports.

And a comment. I was unsuccessful at first and I think it was because the UniBeast USB thumb drive should be formatted as GUID and not MBR. If this is required its not mentioned in the post anywhere that I noticed and Disk utility hides the GUID / MBR choice by default. The GUID format option might also be need to format the Mojave Disk. After formatting GUID my install succeeded.
If you select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format as the UniBeast guide shows, Disk Utility automatically format the drive GUID.

Last edited:
Definitely the SSDT-UIAC.aml I mention should go in the ...CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder. However, I don't think I used the SSDT-EC.aml or I would have posted so...I'm not at Thunderball's location so I can't check for sure.

I assumed you are familar with the IORegister's output. (There's a thread on IORegister, but I can't find it now.) Hackintool will confirm your USB count number, too. Just remember USB 2 counts for one USB port while USB 3 count for 2 USB ports.

If you select Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format as the UniBeast guide shows, Disk Utility automatically format the drive GUID.
Jezzz. Stork, I just realized you have 6 builds from all of the ages of Intel CPUs. Definitely a dedicated person to the Hackintosh community.

Amen to that. Do you use all of the machines?
The older computers are now used for testing the 'Beasts and Clover packages (in Downloads/Clover).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back