Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: Everything worked (Dell 24 on DVI) before I shutdown the computer & attached my Apple Cinema 30 inch via DVI & the Dell 24 inch via HDMI on the 580. Now it is getting stuck on the Black Apple Screen at startup again.

Ok so I redid everything. Am I all set? I have nothing registering under DCPIManager. See screenshot

It shows up under About This Mac.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.15.59 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.15.59 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.16.16 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-10-26 at 9.16.16 AM.png
    3.1 MB · Views: 62
Last edited:
I had the same problem with DVI and HDMI input with/without patching framebuffer. The solution for me was to use the DP output (just get a DP to hdmi adapter at best buy or whatever - it's what I needed to do for my older monitor)

You update to Catalina yet? I have everything working on my end except sleep - display and audio go to sleep but the rest doesn't
Stork doesn't update their Hackintoshes till Apple has updated to at least 10.XX.3+. I will play Devils advocate and wonder what do you need Catalina for?

EDIT: Everything worked (Dell 24 on DVI) before I shutdown the computer & attached my Apple Cinema 30 inch via DVI & the Dell 24 inch via HDMI on the 580. Now it is getting stuck on the Black Apple Screen at startup again.

Ok so I redid everything. Am I all set? I have nothing registering under DCPIManager. See screenshot

It shows up under About This Mac.
Are those screen shots from the latest install?

Those screenshots are from the latest install right before I plugged in both monitors. Now I am getting the Black Apple screen to black again.
Now back to the other question I had asked. Are you attempting to install with the Intel iGPU and the RX580 dGPU active at the same time?

I had the same problem with DVI and HDMI input with/without patching framebuffer. The solution for me was to use the DP output (just get a DP to hdmi adapter at best buy or whatever - it's what I needed to do for my older monitor)

I ordered a DP to HDMI & DP to DVI. Will test them out in a few days.

For those of you who are masochists and have updated to Catalina, you can see why I advocating not upgrading to a new macOS until the .3 update, especially Catalina.

Additionally, Catalina won't run 32bit apps. I always wait until at least the .3 update of macOS to make sure Apple gets the major bugs corrected.

BTW, get the GO64 freeware utility to identify all your 32bit applications so you can update them or get rid of them and find new ones that 64bit applications. See this article about more information on using GO54 and the 32bit application issue.

Finally, Mojave has mature UniBeast and MultiBeast. Use the tonymacx86 guide:

Last edited:
So I finally have the RX580 running, everything is great. Ran through config.plist with Orinoco. All good there.

I may have inadvertently figured out the Apple Black Screen as well. Hoping someone can help make sense of it.

I have 2 hard drives connected via PCI SATA III Controller. When it is plugged in is when I get the Apple Black Screen startup to full black screen. When I unplug it and start up, the computer loads fine. Right now I am okay without the drives plugged in but would love to get back to 6 internal drives.

What could be causing this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back