Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, Stork. I finally took the plunge to 10.14.6 and WoW :headbang::clap::angel::eek::p(that's enough smileys). My performance improvement with the new Metal API is amazing. The computer runs so much better with the two RX560 GPUs. I hope this stays the same as we move into Catalina in the near future.
Now, to the questions. What do you for see as potential hazards with Catalina on our hardware? I am as always willing to wait. But, there's that desire to move forward.
And, I still can't get HD4000 to work correctly on this build. Have you been able to use the iGPU with a dGPU or even the iGPU alone? :banghead::crazy:

Thank you again for all your help. :!:
Preempting Stork's usual reply of he wouldn't be using any new OS until it reaches X.X.3 version for a main system as that's when most of the bugs are worked out.

And, I still can't get HD4000 to work correctly on this build. Have you been able to use the iGPU with a dGPU or even the iGPU alone? :banghead::crazy:
I gave up using the on-board graphics (HD 4000) a long time ago. It was too much hassle to get working back then. Thus, my continued use of a good graphics card.

Damn! @Westsurf, you took the wind out of my sails. :D

I gave up using the on-board graphics (HD 4000) a long time ago. It was too much hassle to get working back then. Thus, my continued use of a good graphics card.

Damn! @Westsurf, you took the wind out of my sails. :D
Okay, I'll move on then. With the new full METAL API in 10.14.6 I don't really need it. The HD4000 was great for H.264 playback and thus the desire.
As for 10.15, I figured you'd stick to old faithful and tell us to wait till 10.15.3/4 ;).

I removed ATI Inject-no change.
I changed SMBIOS to 13,2 and lost my BT card functionality, but otherwise all is OK there.

DPCI manager still can't display the Framebuffer brand of my Sapphire Pulse RX580.
I noticed the card came with a slip of paper showing a switch with 2 different positions: gaming and computing. I looked for the switch and couldn't easily see it (card is installed).

Then, just for fun using my 2012 MBP which happens to be on 10.14.6 (18G95), I ran DPCIManger 1.8 and it properly ID'd my GPU on my real Mac Laptop. No idea why it's not working on my Hackintosh. But now I know it's not DPCI's fault.
View attachment 429114
Exactly the same problem here...

Exactly the same problem here...
@parkingmo
I was using Hackintool v2.8.0 and noticed it is reporting properly under INFO>MISC . I used @Stork's method and got it to chang from "Radeon" to "Orinoco" See screenshot:
Screen Shot 2019-10-18 at 7.06.35 PM.png

Thank you!!! Do you use ATI injection?

@parkingmo Glad I could help someone, lol!

I am not in front of the machine at the moment. I followed @Stork's method mentioned in Post #1109 which is a link to here: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-z370-hero-x-i7-8700k-amd-rx-580.245074/#580

He does inject ATI, and there is more. Check the link out and you should have your RX 580 issues solved, too. Just use Hackintool to verify instead, if DPCI manager can't show you the RX 580 info.

Last edited:
I've one trouble, when I want to leave hibernation, I touch the keyboard, the hack do some noise ( CPU fans and so on) my screen leave the sleep mode, but 10 sec after comes again to sleep mode because no signal... just black color...

An idea ?

Thanks !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back