Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Stork, Westsurf, and anyone watching this thread :lol:. I am considering redoing my config.plist in my EFI folder. The reason is that during boot up Clover takes a long time now to finish it's processes before the Apple Logo comes up and thus boots into the OS. Once the Apple logo appears, the OS is booting in normally and quickly.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing the long Clover boot loader times? Is it worth redoing the config.plist and kext files for specific board. Thank you for all your help and future help.

My system does the same. It's due to Clover doing the asfs.efi (spelling?) silently.

Okay. That's normal. I thought it was something specific to my system. Thank you, Stork. :thumbup:
Hang in there. By next year, we'll all be using OpenCore which is much faster. (I've not tried it, yet, as it's in the Alpha development stage. But, I've read about it from the real early adapters.)

Hang in there. By next year, we'll all be using OpenCore which is much faster. (I've not tried it, yet, as it's in the Alpha development stage. But, I've read about it from the real early adapters.)

Hey, Stork. Thank you for your help. I am wondering with all the changes going on with macOS. How long do you think our Z77 boards will be good for Mac OS updates? I like having a pretty Vanilla install and like how I can update my machine.

Hey, Stork. Thank you for your help. I am wondering with all the changes going on with macOS. How long do you think our Z77 boards will be good for Mac OS updates? I like having a pretty Vanilla install and like how I can update my machine.
With an up-to-date graphics card, our Z77 motherboard based system will last 10 years or more, although they will be only good for general purpose computing. I expect mine to use the same audio recording equipment until something breaks.

Now, I want to put to bed this "Vanilla" vs. Uni/MultiBeast. Uni/MultiBeast are "automated" vanilla installation and post install kext, Clover and config.plist generation. Nothing is modified except the config.plist by MultiBeast. The two tonymacx86 just automation the time consumming so called vanilla method. Nuff said.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back