Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome. We are all here to learn and educate.
Amen to that. Okay, now I need help again. Back story for you(macnb), Stork, and everyone else that’s reading.
I have installed Mac OS X, using the method Stork mentions on these posts. Computer is working fine. Sleep, wake, audio, etc... works fine. The issues I am having is getting all GPUs which are two RX560 and Intel HD4000 iGPU working together. With all 3 working together, I couldn’t overclock the CPU and/or create an SSDT to activate my overclock within the Mac OS X environment. I reinstalled Mojave on a new SSD with only the two Radeon RX 560 GPUs working. This allowed me to create an SSDT which would accept my overclock.
Now, I am wondering. How would I activate the iGPU or Intel HD4000? While keeping the Radeon cards working and the current overclock? Thank you in advanced.

Updated from 10.14.4 to 10.14.6 using the MAS Combo Updater. However, the following procedures can be followed from updating from 10.14.5 to 10.14.6. (You don't need to run MultiBeast, but you will need to update the listed kexts.)

:ch: Backup your Mojave installation using Carbon Copy Cloner or Superduper;
:ch: Run the Updater which will reboot several times;
:ch: Run your configuration for MultiBeast for Mojave (latest version);
:ch: Don't reboot yet;
:ch: Update the following kexts (since the MultiBeast v11.3.0 doesn't have the latest versions) using KextBeast: Luli, WhateverGreen (Optional depending upon your configuration), AppleALC and USBInjectAll . Put the kexts on your Desktop making sure that they are the only kexts on your Desktop. Run KextBeast. Move the kexts to a safe place (not on the Desktop) or delete them.
:ch: Now reboot.
:ch: Once onto the Desktop, download the Hackintool as we're going to make a USB SSDT so we don't have to worry about having the latest USB Port Limit Remover patches in config.plist for every macOS update.
:ch: Mount your EFI partition for Mojave drive.
:ch: Run Hackintool
:ch: Click on the "padlock" icon in the lower left hand corner of the Hackintool window;​
:ch: Click on the Bootloader menu button. It will highlight checked recommended DSDT patches for config.plist (EHC1 to EH01, EHC2 to EH02, PEGP to GFX0 and SAT0 to SATA); Apply the patches by clicking on the "check" icon (bottom of window, above the "headsoft" logo) and select your config.plist file and save the changes;​
:ch: Reboot back to the Desktop and run Hackintool;
:ch: Chick on the USB icon at the top (middle) of the Hackintool window and you'll see something like this:​
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.36.10 PM.png

:ch: Plug, Eject and unplug a USB 2 device to each and every USB port on your computer, both Back Panel and Case front ports. Now, do the same using a USB 3 device;​
:ch: When you're done, it should look like the above​
:ch: Delete all the "white" ports by clicking one them (command click) and then clicking on the delete button at the bottom of the window (the icon with a "dash");​
:ch: Count the Green ports left which should be 15; if not, choose one or two to delete (try them with your USB 2 and USB 3 devices, first);​
Screen Shot 2019-07-31 at 1.52.34 PM.png

:ch: Click on the button shown to generate your USB files.​

1564595846934.png

:ch: Hackintool will place three files on your Desktop: SSDT-UIAC.aml and USBPorts.kext. You only need to use either the SSDT or the kext, not both. I choose to use the SSDT which I put (drag and drop) into /EFI/.../CLOVER/ACPI/patched/ folder.​
:ch: IMPORTANT: Remove the 15 port unlimited patches from the /EFI/.../CLOVER/config.plist file.​
:ch: Now reboot​
:ch: Use IORegister to confirm your successful limit to 15 or under USB assignments.​
:ch: Lastly, remove the SSDT and kext from your Desktop. I put them in my /Applications/Hackintosh/SSDT/ folder and deleted the kext.​
:ch: That's it. Enjoy!:thumbup: :clap:

Last edited:
Thank you, Stork for this quick write up. I am wondering if Hackintool, will help me with the additional USB3 front ports on our board? They used to show up as USB3 in High Sierra. In Mojave they show up and act as USB2. Strange, nope. Nothing is strange to me anymore when working with Hackintosh. :lol: ;)

Thank you, Stork for this quick write up. I am wondering if Hackintool, will help me with the additional USB3 front ports on our board? They used to show up as USB3 in High Sierra. In Mojave they show up and act as USB2. Strange, nope. Nothing is strange to me anymore when working with Hackintosh. :lol: ;)
15 ports is a lot of USB ports, even half that many. I recommend you follow my Hackintool procedures to get your ports defined then reduced. Be sure to do the procedure with the Bootloader - don't skip it as it gives you the visibility to all your ports.

...Hackintool, is asking me to update my boot loader from version 4934 to 5033. Is this necessary and simple?...
I choose not to update Clover. I've heard too many "oops" with the r5000 series. I'll wait until @MacMan checks it out and incorporates it into the next version of MultiBeast.

I choose not to update Clover. I've heard too many "oops" with the r5000 series. I'll wait until @MacMan checks it out and incorporates it into the next version of MultiBeast.
Phew, good thing I trusted myself. :)

Thank you.

Any ideas on getting the (iGPU)Intel HD4000 working with the dGPU RX 560 cards? I've tried following this guide. https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/an-idiots-guide-to-lilu-and-its-plug-ins.260063/#WEG

And, I keep getting what I consider errors. Thus, I am lost as to what to do to activate them together. :(

Have had issues trying to update to latest Mojave over High Sierra. Get stuck on CS_Runtime which I believe is a IO Serial port issue. However, I can't find where to disable this in the BIOS? Running F12j BIOS and High Sierra is on an M2 drive.

I have had Mojave running on a spare SSD ... just can't get it to install on the EVO 970 M2 drive?

Any ideas?

Have had issues trying to update to latest Mojave over High Sierra. Get stuck on CS_Runtime which I believe is a IO Serial port issue. However, I can't find where to disable this in the BIOS? Running F12j BIOS and High Sierra is on an M2 drive.

I have had Mojave running on a spare SSD ... just can't get it to install on the EVO 970 M2 drive?

Any ideas?
If I remember correctly those 970 EVO M.2 drives, have issues with OS X?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back