Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...t-build-i5-3570k-ga-z77x-up5-th-gtx-760.73112

Some motherboards do not preserve NVRAM across boots. Using the above option permits the NVRAM to be preserved.
You are welcome. Welcome to Thunderball! :thumbup:
Hi Stork
According here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/native-nvram-available.192920/
Z77-UP5-TH should support native nvram.
I do not have this MB anymore but I´m asking cause back in 2012 I used it in a rig I made for a friend and I now and then do some maintenance on that

My friend Stork. I'm following you since this firs hack, in 2010.
Just in this moment, I'm with this hard dificults.

If you have time, try to verify this files attached.

Thank You

Attachments

• Captura de Tela 2019-01-15 às 16.39.33.png
    41.2 MB · Views: 133
  • DSDT.aml
    42 KB · Views: 74
  • EFI.zip
    26.3 MB · Views: 79
My friend Stork. I'm following you since this firs hack, in 2010.
Just in this moment, I'm with this hard dificults.

If you have time, try to verify this files attached.

Thank You
Unfortunately, I can't help you with the first (screen snapshot) nor the DSDT. (I'm not using a DSDT, and I have no knowledge of DSDTs.) I'm not with my Thunderball, so I can't compare the CLOVER partition in your attached EFI file with mine.

So, if we're talking about getting your WiFi working, then only you can do it with my previous suggestions.

Unfortunately, I can't help you with the first (screen snapshot) nor the DSDT. (I'm not using a DSDT, and I have no knowledge of DSDTs.) I'm not with my Thunderball, so I can't compare the CLOVER partition in your attached EFI file with mine.

So, if we're talking about getting your WiFi working, then only you can do it with my previous suggestions.

Thanks. The DSDT file is only generated by de DCPI. I'm not using a DSDT.
Just saved and post (sorry for my inexperience)

I have this build with a working 10.12.6 (Sierra) version. I want to update to High Sierra. When I try to install High Sierra fresh on a new SSD, I can't get working Nvidia drivers for my 980Ti. I have version 10.13.6 (17G2208) Any suggestions on getting graphics working.

I initially had 10.13.6 (17g65), but that driver has been reported to be bad, I can't update beyond this version, Evrytime I updated and reboot, it never goes past this version. I cannot get to 10.13.6 (17G4015) for some reason using regular App store updates. I downloaded the 10.13.6 (17G2208) from MBP hoping to get a better driver version.

I have a similar build, and I just updated from Sierra to 10.13.6. I have had intermittent luck with my Thunderbolt ports. They worked fine in my Sierra disk which I still have backed up. Is there any kext or anything Ii might be missing? There was a fix, kind of, by booting up Windows, using the Thunderbolt. Then, booting back to macOS. That worked once, but I cant get it to work again.

Before I left to visit family for the Holiday, I test UniBeast for Mojave install. I didn't test Thunderbolt. (Truthfully, I forgot.) However, you don't need any extra kext. That being said, I've been reading about users with Thunderbolt 3 motherboards or PCIe cards. They have to boot into Windows first then into macOS. Same for 2009-2012 Mac Pro users with a Thunderbolt 3 PCIe card in their classic Mac Pros. So, this procedure might be a High Sierra and Mojave "Thing".

Keep me informed on your efforts. Unfortunately, I won't get back to Thunderball for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back