Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello my friends. A user from Brazil here.

I have two hacks. One of them, is with this lovely motherboard. I'm currently running a Gtx 560Ti running the Sierra.
As soon as I get an RX 560 or RX 580 on this Black Friday I also want to migrate to Mojave.

Wish luck to everyone who wants to update the system.
Thank you always for the tips my friend Stork

Right now I'm using RX 580 in 10.13.6 but with lots of graphic glitches. Unable to export with H264 codec, seems like it is not hardware acceleration.
I really hope that you can make it work in Mojave with RX 580.

Right now I'm using RX 580 in 10.13.6 but with lots of graphic glitches. Unable to export with H264 codec, seems like it is not hardware acceleration.
I really hope that you can make it work in Mojave with RX 580.
What make/model of RX 580 are you using?

Hi Stork,
I'm using a Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 580 8GB

Last edited by a moderator:
@olvido, good! Apple used the early (first) couple of Sapphire's card IDs in macOS. So, if you have a newer Sapphire RX 580 Pulse 8GB card like I got for MyHero II build, you'll have to do the following.

:ch:Run DCPIManager. If you get this result, skip the rest of these instructions as you have an early, macOS supported Sapphire RX 580 Pulse. If you don't get this result, the proceed, otherwise you are good to go.

:ch: Add the FBName = Orinoco and Inject > ATI=true & Intel=True to config.plist which you can do with Clover Configurator or Xcode or PlistEditor Pro (which I use):
Code:
   <key>Graphics</key>
   <dict>
       <key>FBName</key>
       <string>Orinoco</string>
       <key>Inject</key>
       <dict>
           <key>ATI</key>
           <true/>
           <key>Intel</key>
           <true/>
           <key>NVidia</key>
           <false/>
       </dict>
   </dict>
:ch: Add Lilu and Whatevergreen kexts to /Library/Extensions/ with KextBeast.

Thank you Stork, now I get recognised the GPU as RX 480?
View media item 191228
Also freeze when exporting to h264 from DaVinci or compressor... :crazy:

Last edited:
Hi Stork,

I update from 10.12.6 to 10.13.6, it was horrible as you mentioned. And I think my system is not really stable at the moment. How about yours? My Console is full of errors and faults. Could you send me your config plist? Do you you use usbinjectall.kext permanently or you patched it in config.plist? I have the same board, so would be great to check with your config, of course not with the smuuid and so on...
OMG! I'm so sorry you fell through the crack. I apologize.

Your config.plist looks nothing like mine...almost totally. I recommend you run MultiBeast v10.4 for High Sierra choosing your complete configuration. (Note: when I updated to 10.13.6, I abandoned the Realtek ALC audio for the AppleALC kext method. See Post #972. Post#1's MultiBeast is now out of date until I get time to update it.)

Yes, I use USBInjectAll.kext and the USB Port Limit Patch in config.plist.

Do you have your USB Installation thumb drive plugged in? Come to think of it, you may be reading a container (like a partition) at your Clover Boot screen. What's the complete name?

Sorry for the late reply ...

It's a "Boot MacOS install" ... which I certainly haven't organised as I'm running a Mojave second SSD.

Hello, Stork and thank for this build guide. I followed your guide to the T. I now have a fully working Hackintosh with this motherboard. The only thing I clicked differently in MultiBeast was the "Core Graphics Fixup AKA Whatevergreen" kext. I needed this to get QuickSync working with my two RX560s installed as well. :)
Considering the cost to get into the machine I am more then pleased with the performance. Also, thank you to everyone else that commented on this thread.

Of course now, I have some questions.
1. What is "Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mod + Emulated NVRAM Build"? Is this only for nVidia drivers or could it be used to activate the mSATA port?
2. Is it possible to activate the mSATA port? I go into a boot loop when I try to populate that port and boot from my SSD. If I am using the UniBeast USB, I can still boot in. So, there's gotta be a way to use that port.
3. Has anyone upgraded to Mojave? I have heard great things about it and would like to move on to that version of the OS. I can always stay with High Sierra 10.13.6 for now though.

Again, thank you to everyone that has commented on this thread.

Of course now, I have some questions.
1. What is "Bootloaders > Clover UEFI Boot Mod + Emulated NVRAM Build"? Is this only for nVidia drivers or could it be used to activate the mSATA port?
Some motherboards do not preserve NVRAM across boots. Using the above option permits the NVRAM to be preserved. Nvidia drivers use NVRAM.
2. Is it possible to activate the mSATA port? I go into a boot loop when I try to populate that port and boot from my SSD. If I am using the UniBeast USB, I can still boot in. So, there's gotta be a way to use that port.
I haven't use the mSATA port in a long time. (I use to have an external backup drive connected.) Take a look at your UB USB thumb drive's EFI partition contents such as the config.plist and any kexts in .../Clover/kexts/other/ folder. Currently, I'm visiting family for the holidays and don't have access to Thunderball.

3. Has anyone upgraded to Mojave? I have heard great things about it and would like to move on to that version of the OS. I can always stay with High Sierra 10.13.6 for now though.
I don't recommending upgrading to a new macOS until the .3 version is released because then all the major bugs are corrected (long time experience). However, 10.14.2 seems pretty solid. So, you can go for it if you don't have any critical apps or jobs you need to do with macOS.

Again, thank you to everyone that has commented on this thread.
You are welcome. Welcome to Thunderball! :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back