Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
following the bios version management changes usb ports
F11 does not work well
F12 boot any USB Port
F12j 2 x USB 2.0 boot + 2 x USB 3.0 boot

Yes, +1000 ^^^^ Gerard71... works WAY better...

F12J bios Mod 9 - the last and latest for the Z77X-UP5-TH - saves a lot of hassle in my experience... ran two previous tweaktown bios-revs before this, all solid - all hacks with clover bootloader installs since before mavericks... ...

running F12J bios Mod 9 since it was posted - on (5) other different UP5-TH production builds - (not just 13,1 hacks - other-unixes, linux, windoze)... no issues...

the tweaktown crowd picks it up after gigabyte moved on and left it flopping on the bit floor...

GA-Z77X-UP5TH BIOS F12j mod9
Modified with :
Intel Legacy RAID ROM 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
Intel UEFI SataDriver 11.6.0.1702 to 13.1.0.2030
Marvell 88SE91xx SATA RAID 1.0.0.0027 to 1.0.1.0025
Intel Boot Agent PXE 1.3.81 to 1.5.48
Intel EFI UNDI 4.9.00 to 6.0.24
Intel PCI Accelerated SVGA 2137 PC 14.34 to 2170
Sandy GOPdriver 2.0.1023 to 2.0.1024
Ivy GOPdriver 3.0.1023 to 3.0.1027
CPU MicroCode Pack (with Sandy 6A728 and Ivy 6A919)
ME Firmware 8.1.30.1350 to 8.1.51.1471
Modified splash logo 2

El-Cap 13,2 - clean install running without incident - except for those USB3/2 headers - welcome to hack - hurry up, update and wait...

Hello I use this bios F12j also for several years and this is one I find works best, I also test the smbios Mac mini 6.2, it works, but Airplay video does not work, and my I7 3770 turbo boost can mounted a 3.9 Ghz but with the SMBIOS Mac Mini it does not work the computer is running a 3.4 Ghz

Updated to 10.1.1 ... No issue updating and nothing broken that wasn't broken before.
What is your System Definition? Are all your USB 3/2 ports working?

Before revisiting this thread I had fumbled through USB boot issue until I found post #746 - I hope this will lead to success

Basically my TB display has stopped working as display - the camera, and audio out are working fine through the TB display . I have a 2 monitor set up with a EVGA GEFORCE 680 attached to a Dell 27 as the other monitor and that is working fine. The issue started with "load optimized defaults" before any kind of OS change . I've loaded the defaults in the past w/o any issue

This is in Yosemite and was working fine before I decided to load the defaults as a precursor to El Capitan. The Mac OS doesn't see the internal HD4000 under system report.

I've tried multiple variations of the initial display first options in the bios from - auto to PEG to IPGX and nothing works. This is strange because all was fine before the Load optimize defaults option. I have since updated to the latest bios (f12) to no avail.

I have not pulled the 680 card yet as I have been so distracted with the USB issues and the EC install .

I have tried the built in DVI and that doesn't either, however the TB or the DVI work fine under windows (dual monitor setup).

OS version: 10.10.4
Mac ID: 13,2
MB rev 1.0

Is this (according to Stork's #746 post ) what should be on the USB for el Capitan install?

Took a while to find to find toleda's script and is the Cover_v2 the "Clover package" mentioned in the post?

Attachments

• uSb_clover.png
    uSb_clover.png
    74.8 KB · Views: 219
Is this (according to Stork's #746 post ) what should be on the USB for el Capitan install?

Took a while to find to find toleda's script and is the Cover_v2 the "Clover package" mentioned in the post?
Looks good to me. BTW, all the USB ports that are working only work at USB 2 speeds. I have yet to test Thundebolt connection because I'm working on my H97N build to get the USB ports working correctly. I do not recommend upgrading to El Capitan unless you want a hobby. If you're using your Z77X TH based system for production, stay on the OS X you're on - don't upgrade.

I have a perplexing issue where my EFI/config.plist says that I have a MacMini 6.2, but About this Mac system report says that I have a iMac 13.1.

Any ideas why?
thx

Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UP5-TH

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: iMac
Model Identifier: iMac13,1
Processor Name: Intel Core i7
Processor Speed: 3.50 GHz
Number of Processors: 1
Total Number of Cores: 4

<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>BoardType</key>