Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
F12J bios Mod 9 works better for Z77XUP5 TH
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html

it helps to have two USB2.0 ports and two rear USB 3.0 ports just above the USB2.0 ports to start a USB key

to operate the internal USB 2.0 ports must be made with a dsdt MaciASL without using the optional patch,
Then we must make a replacement in MaciASL search renaming EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02

F12J bios Mod 9 works better for Z77XUP5 TH
http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/48085-gigabyte-modified-bios.html

it helps to have two USB2.0 ports and two rear USB 3.0 ports just above the USB2.0 ports to start a USB key
I have that now (see Post #746), although the USB 3 ports act like USB 2 ports.

I looked at the information for the F12J BIOS Mod 9 and couldn't figure out what they're telling me they added. Can you explain what does this Beta BIOS give us? TIA.
to operate the internal USB 2.0 ports must be made with a dsdt MaciASL without using the optional patch,
Then we must make a replacement in MaciASL search renaming EHC1 to EH01 and EHC2 to EH02
I'm in the process of working with RehabMan to come up with a DSDT patch for the Z77X-UP5 TH. I'm also going to start using a SSDT for processor power management, too.

following the bios version management changes usb ports
F11 does not work well
F12 boot any USB Port
F12j 2 x USB 2.0 boot + 2 x USB 3.0 boot

following the bios version management changes usb ports
F11 does not work well
F12 boot any USB Port
F12j 2 x USB 2.0 boot + 2 x USB 3.0 boot
Thank you for your findings. I'll have to give it try. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test it for a couple of weeks due to travel plans. But, this is good to know for the rest of the users of the Z77X-UP5 TH system users.

Thank you for your findings. I'll have to give it try. Unfortunately, I won't be able to test it for a couple of weeks due to travel plans. But, this is good to know for the rest of the users of the Z77X-UP5 TH system users.

FWIW, I use a MacMini6,2 SMBIOS for my GA-Z77X-UP5 TH/i7-3770K and ALL of the USB3/2 and USB2 ports work except for the USB3 off of the F_USB30_1 header. I also have a multi-card reader w/USB2 port on one of the F_USBx headers and all card slots and the USB port work. I use a Corsair Carbide 400R case.

So to recap what's working:
4 x USB3/2 ports on rear panel
2 x USB2 ports on rear panel
4 x USB3/2 ports on front case panel (connected to the F_USB30_2 and F_USB30_3 headers)
1 x USB2 port on front panel as a part of a multi-card reader

-bth

EDIT: It looks like the F_USB30_1 header runs off the Z77 chipset while the F_USB30_2 and F_USB30_3 headers and the 4 rear ports run from separate VIA VL810 USB controllers.

I also all the USB ports work after the computer eventually started

what matter are the usb ports that works in the bios

not being able to use a USB key for the installation of el captain or windows
it is a problem
(sorry for the bad English I use google translation)

I also all the USB ports work after the computer eventually started

what matter are the usb ports that works in the bios

if you can not use the USB key to El Captain and windows installed it's a problem

All of the front panel ports work in BIOS, so I can boot from any of them. I have not tested all of the back panel ports.

All of the front panel ports work in BIOS, so I can boot from any of them. I have not tested all of the back panel ports.

USB ports at startup to boot does not depend on the operating system
but depends on the version of bios and mainboard
although there is a version of the rev1 Z77XUP5 TH, there are different problems, I have always had this problem with it
others are no problems, I think more has a manufacturing problems on a series of batch

yes it is possible that the Mac Mini smbios USB ports do work differently
kexts the new Apple USB works in a different way depending on the used smbios
is what the used Mac Mini brings other problems? IMessage, FaceTime, and the rest working properly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back