Contribute
Register

[Updated] Stork's Thunderbolt Build: i5-3570K | GA-Z77X-UP5-TH | GTX 760

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think I know what is the problem:
If I install everything as you describe in your guide, everything is ok.
By the way, I'm using Z77 UP5 TH, i7 3,5GHz and 660 ti.
The moment I save the plist with any modification (trim enable, fix shutdown...) audio goes away upon restart.
As far as I'm reading in the forum, El Capitan has added Security changes (SIP). I think this is the problem, it messes up the configuration when you change anything with lover configurator.
I saw Toleda developed a method to bring ALC audio back, but I would like to disable SIP before it goes away. Does it make sense? Anyone having this issue too?

Check your config.plist to see if MultiBeast modified the SIP. Check in the RtVaribles section. it should be 0x30 > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...s-workarounds-and-current-information.170611/

You might have to disable Gatekeeper which you use to be able to do in the Security & Privacy Preference Pane in System Preferences. However, now you need to use the following Terminal commands:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-disable
spctl --status
To turn Gatekeeper back on, use:
Code:
sudo spctl --master-enable

Thank you Stork,
Actually RTVariables looks like this:

<dict>

<key>BooterConfig</key>

<string>0x28</string>

<key>CsrActiveConfig</key>

<string>0x3</string>

</dict>

Wouldn't it be better to disable it completely? (car-active-config 0x67)
That way I shouldn't loose audio when I edit the plist, right?

You could try it, but I think 0x3 is good enough. I'd try disabling GateKeeper first, though.

Finally I managed to solve the audio problem. Even when I disabled gatekeeper and SIP, after changing plist with clover configurator, lost sound after reboot. I followed Toleda's ALC guide and sound came back.
Thank you all, this is a great community.

Hello Strok,

I have similar set up like you have.
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH, GeForce GTX650, Intel Core i7-3770K, 32GB Ram.

I am still using OS X 10.8.4(Mtn. Lion).(Since, I have been nervous to upgrade) I know it's been a long time to upgrade.

I wanted to go up to MacOS 10.12(Sierra) with clean install with new 500GB SSD.

So, what would be the best way to do this?(Where to start?)

I am not a computer savvy and a kinda nervous user. (I don’t know how to use Clover or UniBeast or MultiBeast and …BIOS settings?)

So could you guide me a easy step by step to do this?

With many thanks.

Hello Strok,

I am still using OS X 10.8.4(Mtn. Lion).(Since, I have been nervous to upgrade) I know it's been a long time to upgrade.

I am not a computer savvy and a kinda nervous user. (I don’t know how to use Clover or UniBeast or MultiBeast and …BIOS settings?)

With many thanks.
The forum is filled with step-by-step resources on doing just what you want. It takes some time but you will find people more willing to help after you've exhausted the resources here.

The very first thread I would read carefully is this one: UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Good luck.

Hello Strok,

With many thanks.

The forum is filled with step-by-step resources on doing just what you want. It takes some time but you will find people more willing to help after you've exhausted the resources here.

The very first thread I would read carefully is this one: UniBeast: Install macOS Sierra on Any Supported Intel-based PC

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...ierra-on-any-supported-intel-based-pc.200564/

Good luck.
L3rd, I concur with your approach of a fresh install as "too much water has flowed over the damn". Burbank's suggestion of using the tonymacx86 guide for installing Sierra is the appropriate way to go.

Now, the only decision you'll have to make is to install all your applications from scratch or to use Migration Assistant. However, since you have huge gap in going from 10.8.4 to 10.12.3, I'd recommend installing the applications from scratch as you'll get the correct versions for Sierra. If you do use Migration Assistant (MA), be prepared for a laborious effort to update everyting, and do not pick "Other Files" when using MA.

Good luck! Welcome to the tonymacx86 Forum! :thumbup:

I don't use DSDTs on my systems anymore (only on the 5 & 6 series motherboards). And, I don't know anything about DSDTs. I recommend you post your problem in the DSDT forum section > https://www.tonymacx86.com/forums/dsdt.12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back