CPU
I7-3770K OC 4.5
Graphics
R9 280
Mac
Mac mini
Mobile Phone
Android, iOS
When reading another thread it was suggested that the incorrect allocation of internal drives as external could lead to issues. I know that in the my build the internal PCiE mounted NVMe OS drive is reported as external.

Referred back to CaseySJ and his build. This seems to have come to a solution.

NVMe in PEG2 (PCiE x4 lowest Slot) - External Drive to Internal SSDT

Concept starts here

SOLUTION

Backup OS drive and EFI folder to back up drive.

Please try the attached file as follows:
  • Copy the file into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition (of your experimental disk to test if availed), then simply boot from that disk (F12 at BIOS Splash screen).
Version 2 of the file attached to this post.

RESULT
Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 5.14.20 pm.png

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX480
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
When reading another thread it was suggested that the incorrect allocation of internal drives as external could lead to issues. I know that in the my build the internal PCiE mounted NVMe OS drive is reported as external.

Referred back to CaseySJ and his build. This seems to have come to a solution.

NVMe in PEG2 (PCiE x4 lowest Slot) - External Drive to Internal SSDT

Concept starts here

SOLUTION

Backup OS drive and EFI folder to back up drive.

Please try the attached file as follows:
  • Copy the file into the CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder in the EFI partition of your experimental disk, then simply boot from that disk (F12 at BIOS Splash screen).
Version 2 of the file attached to this post.

RESULT
View attachment 421763
Glad, the OC issue was resolved with a simple software update. :)
If you benchmark with Geekbench, it should be around 16500-16700? That’s what I believe 4.5GHz will give us.

As for an NVMe drive in this computer. I use it as a Cache drive for FCPX.
I am starting to see how I’ll need some faster drives to really push the CPU during renders. So, my question to you is. Have you used more then one NVMe drive inside of your Z77 build?

Motherboard
GA-Z77X-UP5-TH
CPU
i7-3770K
Graphics
RX480
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello, Stork, Westsurf, and anyone watching this thread :lol:. I am considering redoing my config.plist in my EFI folder. The reason is that during boot up Clover takes a long time now to finish it's processes before the Apple Logo comes up and thus boots into the OS. Once the Apple logo appears, the OS is booting in normally and quickly.

Any thoughts as to what could be causing the long Clover boot loader times? Is it worth redoing the config.plist and kext files for specific board. Thank you for all your help and future help.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
My system does the same. It's due to Clover doing the asfs.efi (spelling?) silently.

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Okay. That's normal. I thought it was something specific to my system. Thank you, Stork. :thumbup:
Hang in there. By next year, we'll all be using OpenCore which is much faster. (I've not tried it, yet, as it's in the Alpha development stage. But, I've read about it from the real early adapters.)