Contribute
Register

Updated Sierra now I get stuck on the Apple Logo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-H170-D3HP
CPU
Intel i5 6500
Graphics
Intel HD Graphics 530 1536 MB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
Hi people,
I stupidly updated Sierra the normal Mac way via the AppStore. Now I get stuck on the Apple Logo.
In Verbose mode this is what I get:

Help would be very much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_20180227_073321338.jpg
    IMG_20180227_073321338.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 71
Not enough info for anyone to help.
Please add your build details to your profile and give us much more info. What did you use to build your hack? What debugging have you tried? stuff like that.

My build is:
MB: Gigabyte GA Z170-HDP3
Processor: i5 6600k
integrated graphics
WiFi: TP-Link TL-WDN4800

As far as debugging is concerned, I have tried Single User as well as Safe Mode to no effect. Verbose Mode delivers the above result. I have tried searching for the last few lines I can read in Verbose in Google to very little effect. As I don't recognise the problem, I didn't do much else, so as not to make it worse.

@Bob_the_Tomato: thanks for your reply.

Last edited:
Boot from a fresh Unibeast installer USB.. once you're in to your desktop, update your Clover version on your SSD/HDD drive. Also make sure all your kexts are in the "Other" folder and delete the rest of the 10.x folders

My guess is that your Clover version is heavily outdated.

Just so you understand, saying "I updated Sierra" does not help much. We can't tell if you just updated TO Sierra or you were trying to update Sierra or if you were trying to get to High Sierra from Sierra.... all those have different problems.

Do you have the Unibeast installer USB handy? Like @Baltazar mentioned?

Just so you understand, saying "I updated Sierra" does not help much. We can't tell if you just updated TO Sierra or you were trying to update Sierra or if you were trying to get to High Sierra from Sierra.... all those have different problems.

Do you have the Unibeast installer USB handy? Like @Baltazar mentioned?

Hi,
I updated to the newest version of Sierra from an older Sierra version. My Unibeast drive disappeared and I am having trouble creating a new one for some reason. I keep getting the message that "Copy of apfs.efi" failed. Didn't have that the first time around.

Ok. So I have the USB installer now. Once I boot from there, I've tried booting into the old installation normally and in verbose and singe user modes. I haven't been able to get into the system. Verbose mode stops on AppleUSBLegacyRoot@: AppleUSBLegacyRoot::init: enabling legacy matching
mcach.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back