Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hey guys,
This is driving me crazy. I got everything working perfectly on my mac except I have had to deal with Fermi Freeze issues. I assumed that getting official Nvidia drivers would cure the problem but somehow my system still freezes up if I don't have VLC on loop.

Is there anything I am missing? I don't understand how its possible for the system to still freeze up with official drivers now.

Any info or help would be great.

This is my exact chipset:
GeForce GTX 460:

Chipset Model: GeForce GTX 460
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
Slot: Slot-1
PCIe Lane Width: x16
VRAM (Total): 1024 MB
Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)
Device ID: 0x0e22
Revision ID: 0x00a1
ROM Revision: 70.04.1B.00.70

I keep hearing Lion might fix everything but I don't understand how that is the solution.
Shouldn't the Nvidia Drivers be the solution?

Alright my last attempt. Have any of you with the GTX 460 fixed your Fermi Freeze with the new drivers?

I don't have a fix for you, just sympathy for your situation. I had a GTX 550 Ti until about 12 hours ago. I chimed in a couple of times on the other Fermi Freeze thread here (for the 560s), but I never heard of a fix. My workaround was to run Videowall (app store) on one of my desktops. Technically, I think that worked because it prevented state changes by keeping the card constantly busy, but I'm not a driver guy or a h/w engineer. Anyway, that (or similar) might be a decent bandaid for you. Today I bought a $51 EVGA GT 640 card from Microcenter - let's hear it for open box items. It works like a champ so far. No freezes yet. I've let the machine sleep, played videos, etc.

Good luck.

edit smbios.plist make your build to macbook pro4.1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back