Contribute
Register

[UPDATED] mbar97/i3-2125/Z68A-D3H-B3/16GB RAM/GTS250 [VIDEO]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can confirm that Intel HD3000 works on my Z68A-D3H-B3 and i7 2600k (QE and CI on).
I'm using it without any other graphics card in the system and the monitor is connected via DVI.

But, i have other problems:
1. The USB 3. When i plug something in one of the blue usb ports, the system doesn't recognize it, even though the USB 2 ports recognizes it. (When i installed the system i checked the USB 3 kexts in MultiBeast).
2. The fans are always at full throttle, even though the CPU is around 1% usage (is this because i checked Mac Pro customization in MultiBeast?).

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-04-13 at 12.49.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-13 at 12.49.41 AM.png
    84.2 KB · Views: 286
  • Screen Shot 2012-04-13 at 1.03.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-04-13 at 1.03.55 AM.png
    84.1 KB · Views: 269
AdiRMG said:
1. The USB 3. When i plug something in one of the blue usb ports, the system doesn't recognize it, even though the USB 2 ports recognizes it. (When i installed the system i checked the USB 3 kexts in MultiBeast).
2. The fans are always at full throttle, even though the CPU is around 1% usage (is this because i checked Mac Pro customization in MultiBeast?).

I have not yet tried USB3, but I think it's flaky in general.
The fan thing I'm not sure about, I have the MacPro3,1 system definition and my fans quiet down :-/

MacPro3,1 is the standard MultiBeast system def. However, for HD 3000, I recommend using the MacMin def in MulitBeast since it will allow to run two monitors in the HD 3000 mode.

Unfortunately, I, too, don't know what's causing the fans to run full blast. What is the CPU temperature(s)?

Right now i only use one monitor, but thanks for the tip.

The CPU temperature is ~30*C (86F).

Smart kid! :clap: I bought that same case--I really like the look and it's price--recommended.

Still looking for some info on USB 3 (Etron EJ168). It shows up in System Information but when i plug something in (usb2 or usb3) nothing happens.

When i first installed lion i did the multi beast config but i forgot to check the usb 3 drivers. I installed them after a couple of days through multi beast. Is this the problem? Did i do something wrong?

When you install the USB3 kexts from multibeast, make sure you check Everything that's in System Utilities.

I did that. I also checked to see if the file was actually copied, and it is there (System/Library/Extensions/PXHCD.kext).

The thing is, in System Information i have USB Super-Speed Bus but no device (usb 2 or 3) that i connect to the usb 3 ports will work.

Hey Miles, my humble thanks that you have so much interest in technology.

I am a parent of three children and love to see young people push forward to learn.

:clap:

A hearty cheer to you for pursuing you goal

John McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back