Contribute
Register

[UPDATED] lxLifestream's P8Z68 Deluxe - i7-2600K - XFX 6870

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: lxLifestream's P8Z68 Deluxe - i7-2600K - Radeon HD 6870

You don't have the same board as me.
You have the P8Z68-V, mine is the P8Z68 Deluxe.
I'm not sure how different and similar they are.

Mine doesn't have onboard graphics, so i have to have a vid card.

lxLifestream, a couple of issues -

1 - did you ever get Bluetooth to work? I find mine works erratically, sometimes showing up in the menu and sometimes not.

2 - Also, after resuming from sleep, ethernet refuses to connect (I am using the tonymacx86 drivers for Intel E1000 from the latest MultiBeast 4.3.1).

I must also add that I am not using a DSDT.

xwing said:

1 - did you ever get Bluetooth to work? I find mine works erratically, sometimes showing up in the menu and sometimes not.

2 - Also, after resuming from sleep, ethernet refuses to connect (I am using the tonymacx86 drivers for Intel E1000 from the latest MultiBeast 4.3.1).

I added a link to my first post, but they removed it... The E1000 needs to be updated, the older one causes issues with sleep. I'll give you the link at the bottom of this post, just use kextbeast to install it.

And for bluetooth, i disabled the board bluetooth from bios. I'm using an Apple bluetooth dongle from an imac i believe. I converted it to USB, i mentioned this in my first post as well and a link to the tutorial for it.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?s=eb526bc2e7f02010f208770cf66f64e0&showtopic=205771&st=0

xwing said:

I notice in some of the earlier posts you have a problem installing 10.6.3 Retail DVD, with a GTX 580. Did you manage to get around this problem - seeing as you know have it working?
I also have a GTX 580 and i get the same error with a different number after uptime. I have tried both iboot 3.3 and iboot legacy 2.7.2
If you did manage to install with the GTX 580, I hope you could give me some insight into the loading issue. I've also patched my motherboard with the mod file.

I have almost the same build.

Only differences would be:
GTX 580 3Gb;
Asus Xonar HDAV 1.3 (no kexts available);
I don't know if P/S matters but it's 1250W
asus bw-12b1lt This is my only optical drive.
Intel 320 series SSD 160Gb (windows install) / Partitioned for OSX
1TB WD Caviar Black

I don't think half of what I've mentioned is necessary; but might be??

Any solution would be much appreciated.

sapintoshx85, I actually gave up trying to install Snow Leopard. My success story is with Lion only and apart from the 1 or 2 really minor hiccups I've mentioend in earlier posts I have had absolutely no worries using my hackintosh for extended periods of time. I suggest unless you're really very desperate to use SnoLep, go with Lion and your life should turn out a lot simpler. e.g. see some Unigine Benchmarks - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55829&start=40 I and others have posted.

Some additional notes based on your queries -
* I am using built in ALC 889 audio
* Power Supply should not matter
* I'm using a Seagate 1 TB - again I dont think a choice of hard drive will make any difference (so long as its SATA who uses IDE anyways :lol:)
* I've been quite happy with my ASUS DVD Burner - DRW-24B3ST burned a few DVD since I got Lion working no problem there - they key is the hardware showing up in Hardware device list

xwing said:
sapintoshx85, I actually gave up trying to install Snow Leopard. My success story is with Lion only and apart from the 1 or 2 really minor hiccups I've mentioend in earlier posts I have had absolutely no worries using my hackintosh for extended periods of time. I suggest unless you're really very desperate to use SnoLep, go with Lion and your life should turn out a lot simpler. e.g. see some Unigine Benchmarks - http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=55829&start=40 I and others have posted.

Some additional notes based on your queries -
* I am using built in ALC 889 audio
* Power Supply should not matter
* I'm using a Seagate 1 TB - again I dont think a choice of hard drive will make any difference (so long as its SATA who uses IDE anyways :lol:)
* I've been quite happy with my ASUS DVD Burner - DRW-24B3ST burned a few DVD since I got Lion working no problem there - they key is the hardware showing up in Hardware device list

Thanks for that, xwing.

I only went the Snow Leopard route because I did not see any clean installs of lion straight to a PC. I thought this was the only way to get lion on my PC.
Everyone already has a working snow leopard install, first. Can I do this from new - over my windows installation - with Lion?

xwing said:
sapintoshx85, you sure can!

Just look up the http://tonymacx86.blogspot.in/2011/10/unibeast-install-mac-os-x-lion-using.html method on the Tonymac blog - follow it to the letter. You'll need to purchase a copy of Lion. As was the case with me, I'd recommend purchasing a USB key from the Apple Store.

Sorry if I am a bit pestilent but; don't I need an osx install to follow that guide?
How did you manage to do this?
I don't think I can create a bootable lion USB using a windows machine.
Will I have to get a mac to do this?

sapintoshx85,
This has to be one of the most FAQs on installing Lion we see. If you don't have Snow Leopard, you will have to either:
  • - install Snow Leopard using the last link in my signature block, then upgrade to Lion using the UniBeast procedure; or
    - Use another Mac (friend's, at work, etc.) to create the bootable USB thumb drive.
If you use another Mac, you have to create your own account on the Mac App Store. Then download the Install Lion app which is almost 4GB and will take anywhere from 30 minutes to 90 minutes depending upon how fast the Internet access speed.

The first method - installing Snow Leopard first - will cost you $30 USD for Snow Leopard from the Apple Store, then $30 USD from the Mac App Store. The second method - using another Mac or Hackintosh - will only cost you $30 USD for Lion.

Apple Mac OS X version 10.6 Snow Leopard
http://store.apple.com/us/product/MC573Z/A

Apple OS X Lion @ Mac Apps Store
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/os-x-lion/id444303913?mt=12

Please beware that other methods are not condoned by this forum as defined by the forum Rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back