Contribute
Register

[SOLVED] IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3 - no Nvidia web drivers, no Intel !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Supermicro X10SLA (Clover)
CPU
XEON E3-1230 v3 / C222
Graphics
Aspeed AST2400 + Radeon Vega 56
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys

I get the above mentioned error on a fresh install of High Sierra after the second reboot (before one has to create the first user etc.). I am opening a new thread on this topic, because I read all existing solutions and suggestions and came to the belief that my situation is different, then:
- Almost all complaints deal with Nvidia web drivers, which I haven't even installed
- I don't have Intel graphics either and the onboard Aspeed AST2400 is deactivated through jumper
- I even considered this thread about memory preallocation, but my Sierra install boots perfectly with the very same BIOS and Clover settings, with or without Nvidia web drivers!

Here is the short description of the problem:
Installation from USB stick goes normal until after the second reboot, where this message appears repeatedly on a black screen (see screenshot). Nvidia drivers set to VESA in Clover achieves the same result, however a boot in safe mode works fine and I can complete the OS installation and configuration (albeit without acceleration of course), which makes me think that the problem is caused by some other kext than the graphics. Right?

Any suggestions how to track down and solve this problem?

IMG_3679.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    1.6 MB · Views: 73
  • ioreg.txt
    44.5 KB · Views: 158
Last edited:
P.S.: Forgot to mention that I installed on APFS.

Last edited:
I found the problem: High Sierra does not support a bunch of older cards anymore and this Quadro is one of them.

Hi, I see this is old, but finally upgrading to High Sierra from Sierra.
I also have Quadro 600 which has been working fine with built in drivers (been using lilu + NvidiaGraphicsFixup.kext w/ ngfxpatch=cfgmap bootarg to get around the black screen issue on imac17,2 edid issue).

But now seems that I can't use nv_disable=1 nor any other trick.

Did you find some workaround? Don't want to abandon my Quadro card which works fine for me.

Yes, I bought a Vega 56 :) The best workaround I’ve ever had! Other than replacing the GPU you could try patching the kext convincing it to support the Quadro or rebranding the Quadro (Fake ID) to something else. I expect though that both is not going to work. But why bother? The 600 is so old that you could by a newer used GPU for 20-40€.

Thanks, well after some struggling myself, I went back to my previous gfx card from a year or so ago, Zotac GeForce GTX650 Ti, and this of course works great!
Sad that while both cards are "dated" they worked just fine on my dual head workstation setup (wasn't gaming or anything). Mostly use it for work, whatever, and some music production, as my main pc.

Oh well, guess this goes into my linux workbench pc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back