Contribute
Register

*UPDATED*[Guide] Gigabyte Z170 HD3P 10.11.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey Littlegreen
Very interesting config.plist in the EFI. With FixShutdown my system don't wake up, I use FixHPET only in ACPI

Hey Littlegreen
Very interesting config.plist in the EFI. With FixShutdown my system don't wake up, I use FixHPET only in ACPI

Hey Minter,
The config.plist attached is from my initial El Capitan install therefore hasn't been updated since 10.11.2.
I will post an updated one when I go home but that will be in 11 days time as I am travelling across Europe atm

I successfully installed, but Airplay is not working. Can anyone please help?

Hey guys!

I am sorry for the delay of the new updated guide. Waiting on a GTX 1070 to have a reason to open up my computer And once I have it done I will be posting 2 new versions of the guide - one with my current Radeon HD 7770 and one with the GTX 1070.

I have a very strong suspicion the 1070 will not be supported at such an early stage - but who knows? Maybe NVidia do have something up their sleeve.

My new test SSD is now here and waiting - I'll keep you guys posted :)

EDIT: Forgot to tell you that since 10.11.4 it has become incredibly easy to install! Big shout out to the people who developed all the awesome tools!!!

I successfully installed, but Airplay is not working. Can anyone please help?

Can you tell me what are you trying to Airplay from and to? I have never had to use the feature and so I haven't tried it out(don't have compatible hardware).

Is it possible to airplay from iPhone to the PC? I can try that if it is...

Goodmorning guys, i read all the treats but i didnt manage even to boot in installation from usb. Here is how the story goes : i had yosemite with multibeast on a gigabyte ep-45 (775) mobo with q9550 everything working flawless. Now i have upgraded my system to i5 6500 / ga-z170-hd3p / corsair 2x8gb 2400 lpx vegeance and my g/c is gtx 460 which i removed it for the installation. I created a unibeast/clover stick with yosemite in order to run my old installation to avoid clean install (is that possible ????). i upgraded my bios to f5g as you mention in this post. At the unibeast stick i partition it guid and i added in folders kexts/10.10 and 10.11 the kexts you mentioned and i tryed to boot. In the first boot with my stick i got clover screen normally but when i tryed to boot system (even choosing installation disk even my old yosemite) gave me message that the system is not compartible. i change the smbios to 3,1 and message gone but now when i choose to boot in the installation is rebooting my system (same when i choose my old yosemite hd) after showing root device id.... with verbose boot . What i do wrong? Tryed to recreate the usb many times but no results. Is that cause i create yosemite installation disk? What's your suggestions to boot this and if is possible to keep my old yosemite system running.

Update : managed to get into installation but with el-capitan....so i have to forget yosemite right?

Last edited:
Goodmorning guys, i read all the treats but i didnt manage even to boot in installation from usb. Here is how the story goes : i had yosemite with multibeast on a gigabyte ep-45 (775) mobo with q9550 everything working flawless. Now i have upgraded my system to i5 6500 / ga-z170-hd3p / corsair 2x8gb 2400 lpx vegeance and my g/c is gtx 460 which i removed it for the installation. I created a unibeast/clover stick with yosemite in order to run my old installation to avoid clean install (is that possible ????). i upgraded my bios to f5g as you mention in this post. At the unibeast stick i partition it guid and i added in folders kexts/10.10 and 10.11 the kexts you mentioned and i tryed to boot. In the first boot with my stick i got clover screen normally but when i tryed to boot system (even choosing installation disk even my old yosemite) gave me message that the system is not compartible. i change the smbios to 3,1 and message gone but now when i choose to boot in the installation is rebooting my system (same when i choose my old yosemite hd) after showing root device id.... with verbose boot . What i do wrong? Tryed to recreate the usb many times but no results. Is that cause i create yosemite installation disk? What's your suggestions to boot this and if is possible to keep my old yosemite system running.

Update : managed to get into installation but with el-capitan....so i have to forget yosemite right?
Hey mentalmac,

Unfortunately, Yosemite is not compatible with Skylake. You will have to go through a clean install. However, one thing I can suggest is if you have a spare hard drive lying around you can clone your Yosemite install and then run both systems so you can use the migrate option - saving most of your old system in the process.

Hey mentalmac,

Unfortunately, Yosemite is not compatible with Skylake. You will have to go through a clean install. However, one thing I can suggest is if you have a spare hard drive lying around you can clone your Yosemite install and then run both systems so you can use the migrate option - saving most of your old system in the process.

Thx littlegreen for your super fast reply :) i made a backup already so i proceed to clean install. Your help in hole post is very much appreciated.

Thx once more

Can you tell me what are you trying to Airplay from and to? I have never had to use the feature and so I haven't tried it out(don't have compatible hardware).

Is it possible to airplay from iPhone to the PC? I can try that if it is...

I'm trying to Airplay from my Hackintosh PC to AppleTV, but it said couldn't connect. Any suggestions?

Goodmorning again guys, seems that everything working fine except of temp,fan sensors. I got only only hd temps. Any good tested fakesmc in order to see the sensors?

UPDATE : ok i found a pack for skylake sensors. i used all kexts except of facesmc which is included in that pack and temps are only visible in hwmonitor (not in istat menus).Also fan speed of cpu not recognized....only gpu.

Attachments

• HWSensors_Skylake.zip
    3.7 MB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back